Hello everyone! I need help... I have AT&T service and want to get my husband ... Android Smartphones forum

Jensky no está en línea Stack level 1

AT&T service and Android

Advertisement

Hello everyone! I need help... I have AT&T service and want to get my husband the Android for Valentine's Day. What model? Is Verizon the best way or can I keep AT&T? Thanks for the help!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Best thing to do is go into an AT&T store or visit their online store and see what your options are. AT&T definitely has Android devices and is coming out with even more.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Hey Jensky! If you must buy now Verizon and Sprint have the best Android phones right now. But this is difficult time to buy right now because the next generation Android phones are due to release over the next month or so. They'll probably be superior to whatever you buy now and for the same price. But if you must buy now I'd say go for the Droid X(Verizon) or EVO(Sprint).
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If on AT&T, wait for the Atrix! It will be worth waiting for!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I have my eye on that one.....and then there's supposed to be an Olympus which looked really nice.

Ah, I just read that the Olympus is actually the Atrix. Probably why I liked it so much.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you go with one of the 4G android phones coming to AT&T be sure to check out the data plans. Their are conflicting reports coming out about the new data plans for the 4G phones, according to www.androidcentral.com at first AT&T had leaked a memo stating that the unlimited plans would not be allowed on the new 4G phones. I was told the same thing by Business Center Customer Service that if I wanted to upgrade to another BlackBerry or like phone I could keep my unlimited data plan but if I wanted one of the new 4G phones I would have to pick one of the data plans offered now. You may want to look at some of the other carriers they have a wider selection of android phones.

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Although it is "kind of Dated" I love my G2 on TMO, and they just came out with an unlimited plan for talk and text for $79.99. And since the G2 requires an unlimited web plan along with it, everything will be unlimited. My rooted and overclocked 4g phone will keep up with anybody out there, and it has been long enough that from rooting it to apps, the geeks have it down to a science- just a thought- PS- I am one that likes a physical keyboard, which is why I chose it
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

Thanks Riff.....we need more 'Droid expertise around here.