Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Theres an app for almost anything now a days. I haven't watched the news in ... Android Smartphones forum

dyoung804 no está en línea Stack level 2

are we getting out of hand with technology?

Advertisement

Theres an app for almost anything now a days. I haven't watched the news in like a month due to my USA Today app. if i want to checkout the scores hey! ESPN mobile on my phone, weather! no problem; got it on my home screen. Most of my communication to other people is through my G1 not face to face ( excluding school, wifey and work ). It seems like our electronic social network is bigger than our human network. anyway just want to get you guys thoughts on this. to me( technology ) its kinda scary but one of the coolest things in my life right now. can you image in like 10 years where our entire world will be electronic. i know your thinking we are there all ready, but I mean literary the world around us. OK im going to stop rambling........ what do you guys think?

daniels75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    negot.
    I think you are absolutely right. I am always attached to my phone and If I have to speak to someone on the phone, I go into hives. Technology these days allows you to do everything on your phone and not deal with having to speak with people in person. Technology keeps evolving and the world will continue will evolve with it.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I would have to also agree and say it's neat to see how it's progressed and how we embrace it. BTW what device do you have dyoung804?

Some devices seem to capture us more than others. I think that plays a small part of it also. Pretty soon our night stands, end tables etc will have some sort of electronic device built into it or offer plug-ins for something electronic.

yeah! srl7741 that's exactly what I mean. you see chips in refrigerators, stoves, vehicles, watches etc... thats scary but the coolest thing to me. oh! I have a g1 running the stock 1.6 tmo rom non rooted, Im waiting until i can get a better sd card.. (to daniels75) yeah but do you think one day technology will evolve and the world wont be-able to catchup.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I'm on the same bandwagon as you all too. Its like the first thing we do in the morning and the last thing we do before we goto bed is check our phones, or jump on the computer. I rarely watch the tv before I goto bed, "Hello Streaming Video".

Cable and Satellite will possibly be on the road to obsolete in the next 5-10 years IMO.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Very true maz..... its funny but I can't live without my g1.... lol... my girl gets mad some times of how much I'm on my phone. Lol
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I agree with you all that technology is moving rapidly but I don't think we're getting out of hand. In my lifetime, I don't think it will get out of hand and that just means more things for me to see and enjoy. New cars and new phones are my favourite!!!

joemc27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    No More
    Night tables? We are already seeing prototypes of coffee tables that let you manage photos. I also have many late nights just watching videos and reading the news on my phone in bed, instead of on the computer or tv. Yes we are using a lot of technology in our lives, but I don't think it'll every turn into a Ray Bradbury novel. Or will it?

Good one Joe..... I think it will get to that point where we MAINLY depend on bots or chips to function in everyday life. Yes its here now but multiply that by 100 Ans then you will see what I'm speaking on.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Sometimes I think about going back to the basics since my Smartphone is taking up so much of my time. Who hasn't shirked doing their laundry in order to text, tweet, email, check Pinstack and Facebook or to install that latest OS upgrade It takes time away from your family and everyday life, but yet we still love and are addicted to our Smartphones. Smartphones are becoming more exclusive to certain carriers and can cost and arm and a leg.. When the Smartphone I want costs more than my laptop, I start to think that my Smartphone habit is getting to expensive and I need to re-think my priorities.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Technology evolution Will not stop and everyday something new Will come up that Will do something for us, help us in achieving what we want to do, easily. Human nature is like that, and we Will never have enough of it. People that do not embrace it, or are too old to learn it, Will be left behind.
    Having saíd that I pity the ones that favour new technology over human relationships. We must never allow technology to divorce us from this human facet. Those who will use technology to avoid human contact (it's easier to say no, to express an opinion when you're not face to face) will end up alone, without family, without values, without the basic foundation and the purpose of life.
    That's the distinction we have to make. If we shut the world from both, then I say, we have no where to go. But if you shut face to face human relationships from your life, because you feel technology does that for you, then you shouldn't have received the gift of life given to you!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I tried going back to the basics, I removed the data off my iphone by getting a flip phone to take its place, cause I was always on it and created a hazard when I was driving. Every time I heard a noise id see who was texting or what email came in.

But after 2 weeks of calling home for address ( for someone to find on the computer) or calling 411 I needed the internet and the integration with the phone.

You never know how convienent it is, until you don't have it anymore....needless to say it didn't last and I'm back on a smartphone. (DROID). And the wife has a BB now for email convienence.

I LOVE Technology. Lol
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Like everything else, we have to have some moderation. I do use my phone all the time, tweeting while watching TV, checking football scores while in church , checking on PinStack while at work, music while at the gym, navigation while driving.....and it's easy to get sucked in even more. But I now make certain rules for myself and my son, like no Droids at the dinner table....we sit and talk...face to face! It was not easy though especially when I got my first smartphone, a BB....the first Christmas after I got it my son asked for one of his gifts to be for me to not use my BB all day!(wake up call)

I think if my budget became tighter and I had to make changes....I would live on Ramen noodles and keep my smartphone .....I do have priorities
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I made rules too like az mentioned. No phones at the dinner table even if eating out etc. It helps to make certain rules ahead of time.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    No phones at the diner table is the top one in my house also. We sit down together at least 6 nights a week to eat and discuss school jobs and events of the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast