So, what's out there in Android App World besides these two apps? I tried K-9, ... Android Smartphones forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Are There Any Email Apps Besides K-9 and Touchdown?

So, what's out there in Android App World besides these two apps?

I tried K-9, but it does not come close to the simplicity and functionality of the BB app on my Storm. I could not test Touchdown because it is only for use with Exchange, which I don't have.

Does Touchdown match or exceed the BB email app?

Are there other apps out there?

What do you recommend?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just use the stock Gmail and email apps. What features are you looking for that they don't have?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm with AzStar, If you don't use Exchange the stock email app is very efficient. I have 3 Gmail accounts that i keep and have no problem managing them. 2.2 makes switching between them a little easier than it is now. What device are you using??

I only tried the stock email app that came with the Incredible, and K-9. Do the stock apps differ from HTC to Motorola, etc?

Since the Incredible didn't suit me, for various other reasons, I'm now thinking about the Shadow.

The stock app on the Incredible would not communicate with my IMAP server (I don't use Gmail), and didn't do push (except with Gmail?), so I was forced to use K-9. I never tried Touchdown because I don't have Exchange and would prefer not to have to pay more for a hosted Exchange server just to approximate what BB already provides on BIS (I don't know how I did it, but I have push on BIS with my IMAP server).

But what I need/would like from Android is:

Push service with my IMAP server (stock did not have this; K-9 did).
    Easy search, like on BB, with selectable fields based on sender, re: line, message body, etc.
    Multi touch selection, like on BB, so you can delete/save/etc. a block of selected emails.
    One touch buttons for create, forward, delete, scroll up/top or down/bottom, like on BB.
    Voice read and compose, NOT like on BB ;-)
    Font and size selection (I need larger type).
    Auto-fill for address fields.
    A home screen icon that indicates new mail

AZ, how's your battery life on your Droid?
    Last edited by IHateMyTreo; 06-13-2010 at 02:38 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The native gmail app has push, but the email app does not, however you can set how often it checks, up to every 5 minutes.....that's better than BB for me. On my BB, BIS only checked my MSN address about every 15 minutes. Most of the features you want are available especially on Android 2.2(font size selection), but in the gmail app. I am sure that Google will always have that Gmail app be better than the stock email app so users will switch to gmail

Battery life varies, I change ROMs all the time, right now I am running a Froyo ROM that is a bit harder on battery but boy is it fast! I put in a fresh battery last night a while before I went to bed. I have weather, twitter, widgets that all auto update every 15-60 minutes plus incoming mail that was all going on all night. I woke over 7 1/2 hrs ago and have been using my Droid moderate-heavy usage and am down to 20%. It's been 16 hrs & 43 minutes since unplugged/fresh battery.

These large screened touch devices tear through batteries, ability to have a charger nearby and/or a spare battery is a must for me to make it through a full day. If I am viewing a lot of video, or streaming a lot of music, I can kill it in 5 hrs easy.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks AZ