Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley AutomateIt Greenify (root) Greenify is an app that allows you to temporarily freeze ... Android Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Apps that help save you juice

Greenify (root)

Greenify is an app that allows you to temporarily freeze apps, keeping them from using memory and data cycles and thus using battery. Apps like Titanium Backup allow you to freeze apps as well, but to use them you have to thaw (if you will) from within the app. Greenify allows the frozen app to be used as usual, freezing a short time once you've stopped. I've been using this for months and very pleased. There is a free version, the paid version allows freezing of system apps and requires Xposed framework.

This app is similar to tasked in that it allows complex actions to happen on triggers. Example is when I go to work, Automate it turns off data and sound. Using triggers you can save battery by turning on/off data or WiFi, or screen whenever it suits. There is a free version and the pro adds more triggers for $1.99

These are just 2 apps of many. I'm giving you chances to get the eligible relevant posts, share your apps. Please provide links to the play store or to developers original post where needed. Like to make sure devs get credit for their work.

Last edited by jfcooley; 08-30-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: forgot to its in body of post...
    RogerG likes this.

KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Puffin helps you save time if you are on a slow 3G network, you have 4G speeds, how ?

Puffin browser have a joint project with DELL (computer company, not member of pinstack), together they operate servers to lighten the load on your data connection with their supper fast servers. They have recently updated their UI and added several New features, the most impressive feature being the track pad. Also lightning fast loading of YouTube videos, it's main marketing point is flash support, with the free version you have a trial of 14 days. I know, but if you can buy the pro version.

Here's a link to the free version; follow it and you will find the paid one.