View Poll Results: ARE YOU GETTING THE iPHONE ?

Voters
90. Register free to vote on this poll
  • YES- as soon as it becomes available

13 14.44%
  • no- 8800 is my next stop

31 34.44%
  • no- Happy with what I got now

32 35.56%
  • I am not emotionally ready to make that decision yet

4 4.44%
  • YES iPhone 2nd generation- let the work the bugs out first

10 11.11%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by MR. H ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok fellow stackers ice waxychef in the wing ... Android Smartphones forum

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

Re: APPLE's iPHONE- ARE YOU GETTING IT??? (poll)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MR. H
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok fellow stackers ice waxychef in the wing the comments made about the iphone the last week addicts turn ready to give the blackberry what are you thinking all the support that is out there first of all for BB second look at the limitless possibilities the BB has to offer the pearl is the brain child of a very aware of what's wanted developing team the 8800 will take this Ijunk to the dump were it belongs I also read about a switch from tmo to sing just for a bigger ipod every since the blue screen BB or even to the green screen BB every smart device and or phone maker starts off with these words this phone will be the end of blackberry not in those words but close face it people 15 years or more later BB is still the power house it was and always will be since its began to include non company types in its planns pearl the 8800 all the way to what ever model number rim just gets better and better this phone will do nothing to rims new hold on the market for one 5 or 6 hundred for a phone is stupid unless you got it to waste if you do can you go ahead and buy my 8800 when it comes out but those of you who want to leave this family we will be right here to welcome you back once you realize the mistake you made
    Family forever MR 8100
    What???

double click the spacebar to add a period.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

Fender177 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BAA3F

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo
    And what planet have you been on?

Apple doesn't release products with bugs is a pretty bold statement, given the fact that they've had a ton of products released with bugs. One of the older ones was the newton... Lets see, what else, the first generation iPods with the battery "issue", the iBook overheating. Just to name a few. There's a much larger list.

Not to knock the apple product, I do think they have some really great products. But to say "Apple doesn't release a product with bugs" is not only bold, but just plain uneducated.

Dr. Woo
    You clearly don't use a mac than... I am a Windows and UNIX sys admin and I chose an Apple for my personal computer... That says a lot.

As far as bugs go -- the issues you are talking about are o-l-d old. And, it was the powerbook, not the iBook. Apples products are solid. They think forward, plan forward, and act now. $10 says they will even allow for PC compatibility, where, well, RIM phones and other smartphones just don't take the time. I like my pearl, but peace out pearl come June '07.

Fender177 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BAA3F

Quote Originally Posted by archer6

It will be a mimum of six months before the iPhone is somewhat of a reality.
    There is always the chance of delays, pushing the date back... blah...blah...

This will be interesting to follow, if only for the entertainment value....
    Chance of delays? Not unless it's on cingular's side. I've been with Apple for about 7 years now and the only "delay" I've seen is with releasing the 3GHz powermac... Instead of that they realesed a quad 2.5 power mac...

originator no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3012482A

I'm not planning on getting one at all. I'm happy with what I have now.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Moonbaseone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2039FE28

Quote Originally Posted by XLiMBS
    If I had $600 laying around to spend, i wouldn't waste it on a phone, for god sakes, what kind of person would pay that much for a phone.

I would think that a Sony PS3 is ACTUALLY worth that much money and would be more willing to buy one of those than an iPhone.
    I agree. For $600.00, I would get a
    PS3,
    Laptop or desktop
    used car...

There are so many better things to spend $600.00 on. Especially considering it's a phone and it will have bug in it's first generation. I would atleast wait to see what the issue will be. And, there are sure to be some issues.

Besides, NO EX battery as an option? I'll pass.

ScSpeedy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3034c66d

I am happy with my 7100i from Nextel. IPhone is not going to get me a PTT feature plus and don't like multi functional phones with MP3 player. Because it will just kill the battery then when you're in a real emergency and you got no battery. U guys get the hint. Stupid MP3 + Phone usually is just a big hype and then dies down. Like all MP3 + Phone they try to redo phones to try to make it a big thing and hope people will start buying that crap.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Not getting one. I am soon to be the owner of an 8100 Pearl and after seeing the iPhone on TV, will not be getting it.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

While I'm not crazy about iPhone as a phone, the more I think of it, the more I really think it has potential in the PDA or tablet PC area. Steve Job's original plan was to build a new tablet PC when they explored touch screen technologies. I think Steve Job got too sidetracked by the phone market, although he might be right -- I still think the touch screen will be the iPhone's downfall as a phone. However, the touch screen will be revolutionary in the tablet market and reverse its failure. Watching the iPhone demo, I just have a fantasy of one day holding a tablet without a physical keyboard, mouse, or pen. Just use my hands and fingers. Remember that scene in the Minority Report, where Tom Cruise manipulated everyone on the screen by touch alone? That would be awesome -- and I look forward to that next generation MacTablet.

iheartmybb22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~honestly, the IPhone is pretty awesome, but I'm sticking with my 8100.I just switched over from Cingular and I don't want to go back. Horrible service and they totally ripped us off.I'd rather just stick to my iPod video and BlackBerry instead.The iPhone is nice, but too big for me.=/

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

my problems with the i phone for 1 is lack of 3G sprints evdo network is by far the most powerful network ive used so far.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: APPLE's iPHONE- ARE YOU GETTING IT??? (poll)

Are you getting it? No question about it!

Andy Ihnatko of the Chicago Sun Times was one of the lucky few who was able to demo the new Apple iPhone after the Macworld keynote and he had nothing but good things to say. He states, "After 30 seconds, I was already typing faster with the iPhone than I ever have with any other phone". He goes on to praise the unit and its "liquid" smooth OS but he also went on to say that Apple refuses to allow any 3rd party software developers to produce apps for the device, but we already knew that. Read the rest of the review and then make your choice, but the real decision will come when you can hold it in your hand and find that you type faster on it than an 8700...we'll see. At least it will sync with my data!!!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

> " Andy Ihnatko of the Chicago Sun Times was one of the lucky few who was able to demo the new Apple iPhone after the Macworld keynote"<

The "REASON" he was chosen to test the i-? After the keynote is because Ringmaster Steve could trust him to write a positive gushing report about the i-? No matter what. I have read this guys reports & each time he reviews any Apple device it's always "revolutionary". This guy is planted their by Apple for the sole reason of making Apple look good. He has endorsed every Apple product as though it was going to change the world. That same ego maniacal jibberish that only the lemmings believe.

~via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: APPLE's iPHONE- ARE YOU GETTING IT??? (poll)

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    > " Andy Ihnatko of the Chicago Sun Times was one of the lucky few who was able to demo the new Apple iPhone after the Macworld keynote"<

The "REASON" he was chosen to test the i-? After the keynote is because Ringmaster Steve could trust him to write a positive gushing report about the i-? No matter what. I have read this guys reports & each time he reviews any Apple device it's always "revolutionary". This guy is planted their by Apple for the sole reason of making Apple look good. He has endorsed every Apple product as though it was going to change the world. That same ego maniacal jibberish that only the lemmings believe.

You have a point I'm sure, but there are now a number of reviewers that are knocked out by its speed and ease of use. I'm not saying its a done deal, but you cannot think that RIM is the only company that can make an amazing phone. They make great stuff, but their market has been very focussed up until now, and they are just starting to expand into the broader mainstream with products like the Pearl. Apple, on the other hand, is also use to being in the minority, but they always have produced products for the mainstream (i.e. the ipod, macbooks, etc). I think they have a lot more experience than RIM.

You're not fan...I get it, but wait until it hits the market, play with the iPhone yourself, keep an open mind, and then choose what you like. I'm guessing like everyone else at this point, but my guess is that the iPhone will be fantastic.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

>"You're not fan...I get it, but wait until it hits the market, play with the iPhone yourself, keep an open mind, and then choose what you like"<.

I actually like Apple products. In fact as I write this using my BB I have my MacBook Pro in front of me. It's all the hype the pompous attitude that iritates me.

I agree with you, I do hope it turns out to be a great product. I really enjoy my new Nano & Video iPods. I have used Apple laptops before they we're "Trendy" & as nicely designed as they are today.

So I can be quite enthusiastic about their products.

Then taking into consideration that I am passionate about high tech in general its great to see the pace of development increase as the competition raises the bar.

Finally as much as I like great products like the BlackBerry or ThinkPad. I'm not "married" to any particular brand.

That said, I do remain loyal to the companies that do the right thing. Companies that continually refine their products, deliver functionality, and value.

At the end of the day,
    It's about, growth, progress & positive change.

I enjoyed your post!
    Cheers,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast