View Poll Results: ARE YOU GETTING THE iPHONE ?

Voters
90. Register free to vote on this poll
  • YES- as soon as it becomes available

13 14.44%
  • no- 8800 is my next stop

31 34.44%
  • no- Happy with what I got now

32 35.56%
  • I am not emotionally ready to make that decision yet

4 4.44%
  • YES iPhone 2nd generation- let the work the bugs out first

10 11.11%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~NO! Too many eggs in 1 basket.... Android Smartphones forum

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

Re: APPLE's iPHONE- ARE YOU GETTING IT??? (poll)

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~NO! Too many eggs in 1 basket.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Although from what I saw it looks great and has all the functions of a bb the fact that it is $500-600 wont bode well for its primary market (ipod consumers)

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I need secure corporate, reliable email service. The Iphone will not provide that for me.

tmiguel10 no está en línea Stack level 2

I got my BB Pearl free w/ contract, and it already
    has all the phone, email, internet, music & video
    functionality I need.

For $600, the only real advantage the iPhone has
    is a bigger screen, but how can you watch long videos
    or movies with only 4GB of memory? One episode
    of Lost on iTunes already takes up about 1 GB of memory

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

C'mon the iphone is clearly aimed at kids and the younger crowd, with the hype the Razr dumb phone first had, and not even an option IMO for any business even casual business user.

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

To say the iphone competes with a BB is ridiculous. It's a pro-sumer device and those people don't have an exchange server in their garage ready to send push email to their iphone. Push email is still and will probably always be the killer app for a wireless data device. The real debate on the iphone should be on the interface of the device, forget the spec's, how it looks, blah blah blah.

Apply knows GUI and if the iphone gui is even remotely as good as the online demo than all mobile data / converged devices should stand in fear and awe. Some like qwerty, some like T9 texting, others hate them both and are still using their crusty Palm Vx......

The breakthrough is the interface; all manufacturer's have been trying to refine and adjust keyboards, touchpad's, scroll wheels and now with the pearl, trackballs. If you could have a device, say the pearl, with an interface with no physical buttons, just a dynamic screen or some futuristic morphagenic goo that adjusted to whatever it was you were doing, and it was comfortable, that would change everything. I think Apple has tried to do that and good on them for making the attempt.

The device itself? Pretty boring spec wise from a phone standpoint. Edge? What were they thinking? Personally I think wifi is overrated. Once MicroSD's hit 4GB and beyond why do I need an ipod? To buy music from an online store? Well, if I want the best possible user experience with a mobile audio device, ipod kicks everything. But for me, I really don't care about a graphic equilizer or buying from itunes and I can deal with the static in between songs on my pearl. I certainly won't be getting one - even if having one will transfrom me from geek to stud.

I think the other breakthrough that will get lost in translation is the fact it runs OS X. That's awesome. BB and Apple are showing the losers at Palm and Microsoft how to build a mobile OS.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Re: Bye-Bye Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by BRockNYLA
    I thought the 8800 was impressive, but the iPhone takes my breath away. This is a thing of beauty and genius. Apple has, once again, put all competitors to shame. I'm actually gonna drop TMO and switch to Cingular/AT&T to be first in line. I used to love my 8700g SOOOO much, but I look at it now and think, WTF? As for avoiding the kinks...this is Apple we are talking about. There will be no kinks. I've switched to the Mac and I'm never going back!
    From my past experience...I would stay clear of Cingular. They have one of the worst Customer service in the industry. Consumer Reports rates Cingular the worst service in most markets along with Nextell. Good Luck with that switch. I will never have service with AT&T or cingular again.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

(I am copying this from my posting in another thread)

WHAT IF......

Apple introduced this as an unlocked device and sold it direct to consumers???

(below I copied some of my comments out of a email exchange I had with some friends....)

"realize what apple did with Pixar studios. They entered an unknown market with an established partner- Disney. Developed some of the most successful animated movies in history (developed great films period) and then told Disney to go screw themselves. LOL

They are testing the waters out entering the market with cingular. Adjustments will be made to improve device and then they will break away. That is IF device is successful. Apparently exclusive distribution contract with Cingular is only for 2 years. More than enough time to improve iPhone and introduce more than enough hardware accessories to connect device to home, car and office.

Im not an apple fanatic, but if it is a better product you just cant ignore it.

"YO STEVE-O CAN WE GET A REMOVABLE BATTERY???- C'MON STEVE...DON'T HATE MAN, REMOVABLE BATTERY MAN"

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by gbillings
    If you could have a device, say the pearl, with an interface with no physical buttons, just a dynamic screen or some futuristic morphagenic goo that adjusted to whatever it was you were doing, and it was comfortable, that would change everything.
    That's a huge IF. We'll have to see if Apple can deliver on that.

As for the iPhone offering everything that the Blackberry does -- where's the push email? I see that it can pull email from POP and IMAP accounts but that's nowhere near the same thing. Has anyone bothered to look at the battery life?

Slimpy no está en línea Stack level 1

We all know you want one .... Just admit it and stop lying to yourself

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    That's a huge IF. We'll have to see if Apple can deliver on that.

As for the iPhone offering everything that the Blackberry does -- where's the push email? I see that it can pull email from POP and IMAP accounts but that's nowhere near the same thing. Has anyone bothered to look at the battery life?
    There are many shortcomings with the iPhone considering how little is actually known about it.

1) Battery is NOT removable... Hello... Apple... it's 2007!
    2) No interface with Office
    3) Apples dead pixle policy
    4) Scratches - Scratches - Scratches
    5) No 3G....?
    6) Labeled as iPhone and they don't even own the name?

BlackBerry Killer? .... surely someone's on something when posing this question.

Let's see here.....

1) BlackBerry... Available NOW!
    2) Well established company that "gets it".
    3) Several choices of form factor.
    4) A track record of reliability, security, stability.
    5) Proven security and value.
    6) Already in the comsumer space with the 8100 / Pearl

It will be a mimum of six months before the iPhone is somewhat of a reality.
    There is always the chance of delays, pushing the date back... blah...blah...

This will be interesting to follow, if only for the entertainment value....

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

If I had $600 laying around to spend, i wouldn't waste it on a phone, for god sakes, what kind of person would pay that much for a phone.

I would think that a Sony PS3 is ACTUALLY worth that much money and would be more willing to buy one of those than an iPhone.

saikouASL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

It is very appealing but I wouldn't buy it. I am an Apple freak but after looking at the cons such as battery history, $600 for only 8 GB (My ipods are 60GB that I only paid $300 for), hefty cingular monthly bill compared to T-Mobile, Yahoo IMAP email, Mac mail for $100 annually, and etc. I will buy the Blackberry 8800 since I know if I get the "*Phone" (I don't want to get sued for saying the apple product ), I will be using it for video and all that but I will gripe cuz the memory will be full. I am fine with my iPod and BB!

TMH478 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C20FC0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ not needed. Love the 8703. Blackberry is the ruler of push technology!

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok fellow stackers ice waxychef in the wing the comments made about the iphone the last week addicts turn ready to give the blackberry what are you thinking all the support that is out there first of all for BB second look at the limitless possibilities the BB has to offer the pearl is the brain child of a very aware of what's wanted developing team the 8800 will take this Ijunk to the dump were it belongs I also read about a switch from tmo to sing just for a bigger ipod every since the blue screen BB or even to the green screen BB every smart device and or phone maker starts off with these words this phone will be the end of blackberry not in those words but close face it people 15 years or more later BB is still the power house it was and always will be since its began to include non company types in its planns pearl the 8800 all the way to what ever model number rim just gets better and better this phone will do nothing to rims new hold on the market for one 5 or 6 hundred for a phone is stupid unless you got it to waste if you do can you go ahead and buy my 8800 when it comes out but those of you who want to leave this family we will be right here to welcome you back once you realize the mistake you made
    Family forever MR 8100

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast