Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The photos above showing the new iPhone above are way inaccurate. The phone ... Android Smartphones forum

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: Apple iPhone???

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The photos above showing the new iPhone above are way inaccurate. The phone ois not a slider, has only one button, and looks totally different than the pics above. I just saw this thing and it is about the same size as the current video iPod, has a widescreen display that takes up about 80% of the front of the device. It has only one button in the center bottom on the front and is operated via multi-touchscreen controls. this thing looks pretty sweet! I don't think it is a "BlackBerry Killer", but I haven't seen any concrete info on possible PDA functions. Without push technology and a tangible keyboard I can't see it eclipsing BBs in any real way. Although, it is gonna be pretty sweet, and I think I will get my hands on one when it comes out to replace my current iPod and to use as an alternate phone, along with my BB. But I don't think it will end up replacing my berry.

kosherdill34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB0172

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

i see nothing about push email. it is suppose to run osx, but i wonder if you can install office for mac on it? i ask that because the only people i can't convince to switch to a blackberry are the ones who use their pda to carry around all of their spreadsheats, documents, and the like. they want to view and edit them.

i have already seen plenty of phones that will play videos, music, take pictures, and have pda functionality. i guess the difference is that it will play the apple proprietary music format.

this seems more like an entertainment device than a communication device. but just you wait. even at 500-600 dollars it will be all the rage. you will see it showing up in movies and tv shows making people think that everyone has switched to this device just like hollywood does with mac computers.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

tmiguel10 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by joe allen
    this seems more like an entertainment device than a communication device. but just you wait. even at 500-600 dollars it will be all the rage. you will see it showing up in movies and tv shows making people think that everyone has switched to this device just like hollywood does with mac computers.

Still, apple computers didnt really start selling well until they
    releaseed lower priced computers like the iMac & the Macbook,
    so unless Apple creates a much cheaper model of this phone,
    Most consumers will be turned off by the fact you'll need to
    pay $600 AND sign a new 2-year deal w/ Cingular, which will
    no doubt charge $80+ per month for a voice & data plan

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It looks really different but I'm not sure if that's necessarily good. It looks too much like The Jetsons. I'd feel silly talking on it. I saw on the news that it will have push function and will only have mac os. That alone will deter potential buyers. Add the fact that it will only be available to Cingular customers to jumpstart the phone...

Plus my 16 and 22 year old brothers both said it looks ugly and too flashy. They are still waiting for me to get them a bb.
    Last edited by DrSuha; 01-10-2007 at 01:29 PM.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I think i might give the Iphone a try when it comes out. Anyone have any ideas as to how much it is going to cost and when it comes out?

GotPearl?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

iPhone... i What?.. i Magic?.. Yes that's what Steve said, here's the quote: "It works like magic".

i cannot imagine this challenging anything in the mobile phone space for quite some time. Apparently these folks agree. Click the Link and You can see too.

iPhone

While we are all enjoying the reliability, functionality and stability of our BlackBerry's NOW, the only interesting aspect of the iPhone for me, is following the "Magic" Story...

backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    pure agenda
    Question is ... why spread your rabid fertilizer in all corners of the web?

cobra2525200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E636EB

I love my blackberry pearl.................I love it.

but the Apple iphone............wow.

The thing is amazing. The internet browser is 10,000 times better then the wap browser every cell phone has. It has the push email that everyone is saying it doesn't, it has everything and then some.

watch the vid:

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/j47d52oo/event/

but at $600 for the iphone............I will love my pearl forever

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Apple iPhone???

Quote Originally Posted by cobra2525200
    I love my blackberry pearl.................I love it.

but the Apple iphone............wow.

The thing is amazing. The internet browser is 10,000 times better then the wap browser every cell phone has. It has the push email that everyone is saying it doesn't, it has everything and then some.

watch the vid:

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/j47d52oo/event/

but at $600 for the iphone............I will love my pearl forever
    I don't know, I love my 8700 but the iPhone is an amazing step forward in many ways. I imagine that by June all the software will be very finely polished...and it is already very impressive. Watch the videos and demos on the apple site....http://www.apple.com/iphone, and watch the keynote of it in use live. It is a terrific mesh between phone and iPod and very impressive. You can also bet by the time it will be released that there will be many 3rd party items (cases, protective screen guards, etc) just like the iPod has. I think all the other companies will be jamming to catch up and that Apple just redefined the business. As for corporate users (BES), there is nothing there in my opinion...its just business on BB as usual.

avlnch no está en línea Stack level 1

I might get an iPhone.. sounds like a great phone.

avlnch no está en línea Stack level 1

Plus, who wants to carry an iPod and a cell phone? Having 2 in 1 is awesome.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Apple iPhone???

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    ........While we are all enjoying the reliability, functionality and stability of our BlackBerry's NOW, the only interesting aspect of the iPhone for me, is following the "Magic" Story...

archer6, while I always enjoy your posts, I'd ask you to consider how many times you have read this advice on Pinstack in just about every thread, as well as many other Blackberry sites:

"Just pull your battery, wait 30 seconds and see if the problem goes away".

This is a common solution to the multitude of problems that are spelled out in detail here and elsewhere. Sometimes the problem goes away, sometimes not. The Blackberry OS is good, but not solid by any means. As for iPhone and the abbreviated version of OSX..we'll see, but it's a very solid OS on my computer as I write this, and I cannot remember the last time I had to reboot it. All this said, I would pick the Blackberry OS over Palm or Windows Mobile any day!
    Last edited by wclyffe; 03-13-2007 at 09:30 PM.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

What We Need Is A Blackberry With A 2.0 Mp Or Higher Cam/camcorder With Sidekick Aim Built In. Wi-fi. Running On An Hspda Network, With 8 Gb Of Flash Memory, 12 Hour Battery Life, Wrapped Up In A Nice Chrome And Black Finish.. And Everyone Would Be Like I What??? Apple Who??? Steve Whats His Name.. Whos Wit Me On This One.:d

blackxan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Samsung has a Iphone lookalike, that has a full keyboard.....Looks like there is already competition....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast