Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just pulled this off the net...may be a good read. What do you think? I ... Android Smartphones forum

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Post Apple iPhone???

Advertisement

Just pulled this off the net...may be a good read. What do you think?

I don't know about the "Blackberry" killer nickname, but it seems like it will be a tight device! But from the picture...I see black and white on the "dialing" photo???

In my opinion, RIM has nothing to worry about! Read on!

Apple iPhone… a.k.a. BlackBerry Killer With Teeth

Apple’s iPhone is the first “BlackBerry Killer” that I really think could give Research in Motion all that they could handle. Before you think that I have gone completely nuts, let me explain myself.

I was just watching Squawk Box this morning and the had a piece on the long time rumored iPhone from Apple. It looks like this thing just might see the light of day first or second quarter next year. When the iPhone does come out I think that it will give the BlackBerry competition unlike anything it has ever seen before. On the consumer side of things that is.
    The BlackBerry Pearl has done better than even what the most die-hard BlackBerry supporters could have ever imagined and the next wave of consumer oriented BlackBerrys will sell like crazy as well. The BlackBerry brand is one of the strongest here in the United States, however, if you think that it comes anywhere close to where Apple’s iPod sits, I’m not the only one going nuts.
    When Apple releases the iPhone it will compete directly against the Pearl as far as consumers, especially first time smartphone buying consumers are concerned. The Pearl appeals to consumers looking to buy their first smart phone. The iPhone will appeal to everyone who owns an iPod looking to upgrade to the latest greatest version along with consumers looking for their first smartphone.
    I hate to say it, however, if you are walking through the mobile phone section of Best Buy and see an iPhone next to the BlackBerry Pearl, unless you were just interested in the BlackBerry, the iPhone would probably pull your eye more simply because it would be perceived as an upgrade to your existing iPod as compared to a completely new type of mobile phone.
    When Apple comes out with the iPhone Research in Motion will definately notice in their consumer BlackBerry sales and probably not so much in their corporate BlackBerry sales. The issue for RIM, however, is that they’ve already won the corporate smartphone/PDA war but the battle for consumer users is just beginning.

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i would hate to see the price on this to me apple has allways been over priced.im not a apple fan.i can do the same things with my 100$ vid/mp3 player and my 8700

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Blackberry killer??? doubt it.... Cool Music phone for the youth of the nation.... Totally
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Blackberry killer??? doubt it.... Cool Music phone for the youth of the nation.... Totally
    DITTO!!!

francobaca no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2431DEEA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that thing looks hideously long! Ill stick to my BB. How many new phones are out trying to compete now? 4 or 5 different models? Blackberry can only get better.

PIN/ID
    3G
    Exactly! Seems like everyone wants to be an imitator of the BB. It's hard to mock something that is so simple and perfect already! But, when you got a good thing going...everyone wants a piece of it.

bill-lindley no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am a MAC addict having made the switch when I got fed up with the PC makers selling crap and when I got tired of beta testing an OS that may in the near future be workable.

That being said, I was in my neighborhood Apple Store and engaged the "Genius" in conversation regarding the "iPhone". She asked if I would give up my crackberry pearl for an iPhone and that got me thinking.

What would Apple have to do to pry this new 8100 from my grip. This 8100 is the first phone I have ever owned that does EVERYTHING I need a phone to do and it even takes pictures and with 411 I never have to call information again, I can get directions, IM my partner, listen to music, send e-mail, the list is endless.

So I have figured out what it will take for hte iPhone to get me away from my Pearl? License RIM to make it and maybe we can discuss it then.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Apple iPhone???

I will still put my money on blackberry, you gotta have faith.

phantomhu no está en línea Stack level 1

Uhmmm... interesting

I bet battery life for this thing won't be good.

babaganoosh no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm a big Apple fan, got a mac min, 30 GB ipod video, and some other things, but personally i think this "iPhone" wont be to great. As stated before, the battery will most likely suck. And another thing i dont like too much is that it resembles an ipod way to closely, when there was ideas about a iphone i was thinkin like phone with exact ipod features, not an ipod with a keyboard.

joebobmcslob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e22496

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ interesting... But that's about it. I don't think this will do all that well in the market. Though phones are huge among the youth crowd, ipods are starting to fade out. This is rather unpredictable though... Kids don't really want the features of a blackberry. I bought the pearl and offered to buy my wife one. She just didn't want one! She said she didn't need one. Thus leading me to think that most consumers don't really know what the pearl is capable of, but if the salesmen are good enough... Apple, anyone?

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I am 13, so I guess i would be part of the "youth" you guys are talking about. I think it looks cool, but as you all said the battery life would be very short. I have the Pearl and don't think that the iphone would come anywhere near the Pearl. I'm guessing Apple is going to make the iphone very expensive. The screen doesn't look that great. It looks very boring and kinda like the ipod (first generation) just in color. Also, if the keyboard letters are made out of rubber, the letter will probably end up rubbing off, or the actual key will end up falling off. Also, I could never have another phone without a trackball, it is so easy to use its not even funny. I also agree with everyone that it looks just like an ipod with keys. I am a fan of the ipod, and need it because I am a pround MAC user, and its compatible with MACS. I think that teens (like me) will end up just getting this phone becuase it looks cool( I was going to do that with the sidekick 3), but i am very happy i didn't, PEARL POWER!

Hope this gives you a differnt insight,
    GotPearl?

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Oh, I forgot, the iphone won't have internet will it?

Blondiexpl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9e043

def sounds intresting but not so sure it would work fully, prob would take alot of time 2 work out the kinks.

phungy no está en línea Stack level 2

iPhone has been out and its made by Linksys. Apple doesn't have rights to call it the "iPhone".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iphone
    BB 8100 v.4.2.0.42 Unlocked
    Accs: 1GB MicroSD, BSE Total Body Skin, Seidio Rubberized Case, BT H500

PM me for NEW OEM BB Pearl battery doors!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast