Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

I have a car stereo that streams audio and Pandora through Bluetooth. I'm thinking since ... Android Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Anyone use NFC tags?

Advertisement

I have a car stereo that streams audio and Pandora through Bluetooth. I'm thinking since I only use it in the truck I'd like to have a tag that auto turns on both Bluetooth and Pandora. I don't need it, but just toying with.

Anyone have any experience?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I have tags for Windows ( Nokia) and I used them mostly to change profiles according to whether I was at the office, at home or in the car. There's a app for that. I'm not sure if Android has provided for anything that elaborate yet. Windows also has apps that allow you to buy tags (NFC receivers) that allow you to tag and identify anything you purposely tag. Again, what does Android have available? Nokia was far ahead of the pack with NFC Tags. Even their wireless (desktop, car, pillows) chargers are tag points themselves allowing your Lumia to do specific actions when you touch the tags...
    As for iOS (just for the information Jay. I know you don't like App(l)etizers) NFC is a no-no. Useless.
    Regarding Android I guess you'll be the guinea-pig for the rest of the stackers.

Well I may order a few and see what happens. Thanks Del.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Not even sure what they are, that's how hip I am

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

NFC Tags with 1k Chip 10 Pack + Keychain + Free Bonus Tag - Android... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CE6QGLU/..._8NDqtb17DRC6F

Just an example.
    They're little stickers that can be programmed to activate features or whatever when you to them with an NFC enabled phone.
    I'm thinking of having one in my truck that turns on Bluetooth and opens my music player so my stereo can connect and stream my music. Really just convenience and some geekiness. I have cubbyhole that I sit my phone in (and will have a qi charger in it eventually). All I'd have to do is slide my phone into it and it would do what I needed.
    PapaMag likes this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I see it's not compatible with my S4 so let us know how they work out for you J

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

They'll work. S4 supports NFC....pretty sure.