Hi all, another friend of mine is now asking if he can buy my 8800. ... Android Smartphones forum

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Anyone know if the LG Viewty (KU990) supports BB Connect?

Advertisement

Hi all, another friend of mine is now asking if he can buy my 8800. I'm very tempted to sell it to him, but my two choices of replacement phone would be the TyTN II (HTC) and the LG Viewty. I like the features of the Viewty, but can't find any reference to what the OS is, I get the impression that it's not something I would recognixe (ie WinMob, Symbian, etc). Which would make it useless as a BB.

Any help would be great guys thanx!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    The LG Viewty KU990 is a "traditional" phone running a proprietry operating system, which like on most "traditional" phones, technically does not have a name...

Being a "traditional" phone, the Viewty KU990 only supports third-party software in Sun Microsystems' Java 2: Micro Edition ("J2ME") format, and Research in Motion (RIM) does not currently offer BlackBerry Connect in this format.

According to HTC's Web site, BlackBerry Connect is ONLY available for devices running Microsoft Windows Mobile: 5 - the HTC TyTN II runs Microsoft Windows Mobile: Professional 6 and there's no "official" way to go back to Windows Mobile: 5...

You can download the BlackBerry Connect application and see how you go under Windows Mobile: 6, but there's no guarantee it will work.

Worse-case scenario is it either won't work or it will work with mixed results - you can't actually do any damage by trying...

The relevant download is available in the HTC "e-club" for your region:

http://www.htc.com

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Thanx for that Cybacowboy! You're a champ mate!