Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

anti theft app: I'm looking for an app that can track my device should it ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

anti-theft app and app lock recomendation ?

Advertisement

anti theft app:
    I'm looking for an app that can track my device should it be stolen.

the app must give no indication that the device is being tracked (occasional GPS icon is fine-I'm referring to saying plainly in the notification bar that the device is being tracked or showing the text/sms commands)

It must not need to have the same sim card in the device (changing of the sim must not make the app useless)

The app must have a device administrator option so it's hard to delete.

any recommendations ?

note: I've tried lookout but I'm not sure if it will be effective with a sim swap. also viewing the device location online (browser) is terrible as it doesn't give many details (if I'm doing something wrong tell me)

App lock: I'm also looking for an app that locks any apps of my choice such as the settings so that the anti theft-device administrator app cant be changed and deleted.

also this app must have the option to be set as a device administrator.

any recommendations ?

thanks in advance

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm confused. Not a little, rather a lot.
    Except for forgetting that new phrases or sentences, paragraphs, start with a capital letter, there's no exaggeration of spelling mistakes as there was before in any of KTW's post. There's something else too. The question that is posted is concise, precise in its objective and rather well constructed. This is totally unusual and uncharacteristic.
    Which leads me to the following questions.
    1. When did your spell checker kick in?
    2. Are you writing in Afrikaans and using the Google Translator?
    3. Most importantly, and this doubt has been raised already, where it's the real KTW?
    Please show yourself!
    As for the app, I second Jay 's recommendation.

Dude, since he's come here there have been at least two of him. Why do you think I'm so hard on him.

Go back and look at all his posts sinceast year. This happens.

Think I'm nuts? Go look.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    I'm confused. Not a little, rather a lot.Except for forgetting that new phrases or sentences, paragraphs, start with a capital letter, there's no exaggeration of spelling mistakes as there was before in any of KTW's post. There's something else too. The question that is posted is concise, precise in its objective and rather well constructed. This is totally unusual and uncharacteristic.Which leads me to the following questions.1. When did your spell checker kick in?2. Are you writing in Afrikaans and using the Google Translator?3. Most importantly, and this doubt has been raised already, where it's the real KTW?Please show yourself! As for the app, I second Jay 's recommendation.
    I suppose people change... that's all I can say really.even if I'm not the same guy (i am the same guy by the way) who would want the old..."ktw" back ?...the irritating itch you can't scratch.
    Last edited by KTW; 06-21-2013 at 03:16 PM.

KTW
    I'm using smart lock free for app locking but I cant change the password. it keeps telling me the password dose not match when it's the first attempt to type the new one. any suggestions ? Here's the app:https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....protectorlite

I suggest you stop using the app.

KTW
    Yeah, uninstalled it. I fond another called "app lock" it's developed by a developer called shining. it meets my needs just right. though occasionally the task killer renders it useless for a few seconds. oh..and tried lookout.com for tracking on a pc and its excellent! thanks for suggesting it to me those decades ago

I use Cerberus on all my devices.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Just got it. Any tips on how to set it up?

Pretty straight forward, just create user name and password. Click help for remote commands.
    RogerG likes this.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    That's some extremely impressive anti theft software you have there, but for €3 it's expensive considering I'm not planing to have my device stolen.

For 5 devices lifetime? You're cheaper than I am, and that's saying something.

KTW
    It would only be worth it, if it offered me breathtaking features that no several free anti theft apps could offer combined. -Does it have *LIVE* gps tracking with high precision accuracy ?-Can it be set up that whenever a button is pressed on the screen it takes a photo with the secondary camera ? -Can it be hidden from app drawer ?-Can it be set as a device administrator ? -Do its features really work ? (have you tried and tested them for yourself ?)-Is it reliable ? (does it still work if the sim card has been changed or taken out ?) if the answer is yes to all of those then I'm sold.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.cerberus

Play Store search is your friend.

Yes.

But you can't use it.(actually you can just not all features)

It logs messages if you want it too. It will snap a pic anytime you want it to.

It will sound an alarm, or silently wipe the device. I logged into the web portal and instantly knew Cas bad a low battery and with a quick pic knew she was on break. Then I sent a message through the app that said "Hi". Those messages appear full screen.

You can do quite a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast