So I switched to Android from Blackberry a week ago. I had themes figured out ... Android Smartphones forum

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Android themes. . .how does this work?

Advertisement

So I switched to Android from Blackberry a week ago. I had themes figured out on the Blackberry, even made a couple of my own. I hear that some themes on Android have more than just the 3 home screen tiles that the stock theme has but I can't seem to figure out how this installing themes thing works on Android. Every one I've found in the market seems to require some other software of some kind from what I can gather. Can someone explain how this works on Android? Thanks.

Tucker
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I started looking into it also. Here is a link to some good Graphics to download and use while we all learn. There are PSD files included. Link It's for v1.5 but it's a start and I hope it helps others while we learn v2.0 also.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    So I switched to Android from Blackberry a week ago. I had themes figured out on the Blackberry, even made a couple of my own. I hear that some themes on Android have more than just the 3 home screen tiles that the stock theme has but I can't seem to figure out how this installing themes thing works on Android. Every one I've found in the market seems to require some other software of some kind from what I can gather. Can someone explain how this works on Android? Thanks.

Tucker
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    Check out this site, this guy has pretty good stuff on themes and stuff for android. Here is his wiki for installing themes.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Installing_Themes
    -Josh

Is it just me or does it seem odd to you guys that installing a theme can't just be as simple as installing everything else on this phone? What happened to old fashioned ota download and install? Seems like there should be an easier way to install a theme.

Tucker

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    most themes for android that are available via the market require the main app such as gde, ahome, panda home, etc. once you have the main app, all the themes are free (usually). if you have a rooted device you would have to download it and flash it to your phone... for people who have went through the process of rooting, it's pretty painless to switch themes once you get the hang of it... download OTA, and flash.

if you use a market app such as gde, ahome, i figure the process is easy as well through the main app

Figured out how to get the themes installed and running but I'm getting a bad lag between when hit the home button in an application and when it a actually returns to the home screen, usually around 5 - 7 seconds. This usually causes a force close. I've experienced this with both aHome and PandaHome. Is this a normal thing or something I can fix(if so how)? It's really annoying! Thanks for the help!

Tucker

I'm getting a bad lag between when hit the home button in an application and when it a actually returns to the home screen, usually around 5 - 7 seconds. This usually causes a force close. I've experienced this with both aHome and PandaHome. Is this a normal thing or something I can fix(if so how)? It's really annoying! Thanks for the help!

Bump.

Tucker

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I downloaded Fresh Face and noticed lag and some unresponsiveness with the themes I installed so I took it off. No more problems after that. Not sure what exactly causes the phone to do that.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Before I rooted i found that "Open Home" was the best home replacement as far as lag. But have patience, the developers will root the Droid soon. In the meantime, make sure you have good task manager and you need to exclude your home replacement from being closed accidentally which will cause you to get a blank home screen for 5-10 seconds.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

joemc27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    No More
    if your phone is not rooted, use panda home for themes and home screens. Best app out there.