Google's Android is increasingly attracting attention, says new data from ComScore. Polls suggest that the ... Android Smartphones forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Android Stealing Consumer Attention From iPhone

Advertisement

Google's Android is increasingly attracting attention, says new data from ComScore. Polls suggest that the number of consumers planning to buy Android mobile devices has more than doubled since summer 2009, while the number of those planning to buy iPhones has slightly decreased. Still, the majority of consumers are looking at BlackBerry smartphones.

Google's Android operating system is gaining the interest of increasing numbers of U.S. consumers—and potentially distracting them from Apple's iPhone, according to a Dec. 17 report from ComScore.

[Read More]
    Last edited by RogerG; 12-21-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Misspelled heading...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think the availability of Android across many carriers and network types plays a big roll in this. People who are tired of their current platform but can't or won't use AT&T would be drawn to Android. While they may have at one time wanted an iPhone, the single carrier restriction has not made it feasible. So thanks AT&T and Apple, your mutual exclusivity has given Android a chance to really spread it's wings and fly and I am one of the many happy users now taking advantage of that
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I think the availability of Android across many carriers and network types plays a big roll in this. People who are tired of their current platform but can't or won't use AT&T would be drawn to Android. While they may have at one time wanted an iPhone, the single carrier restriction has not made it feasible. So thanks AT&T and Apple, your mutual exclusivity has given Android a chance to really spread it's wings and fly and I am one of the many happy users now taking advantage of that
    I'm loving my exclusive use of my iPhone for now
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3
    if the android was available on AT&T, i may have tried it out. But its not enough for me to leave my current carrier for it.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    That is so true, though I was a die hard BB lover and yes at the end really started to envy or rather covet the IPhone for all that it had compared to so much that was lacking on the BB (the Browser, the internet connectivity during social networking, the ability to watch videos without buffering). And when upgrade time came was about to take the plunge, but they just got worst, and the Bold 9700 that I waited for was a letdown, I Loved the size of the 9000, than they had to go and shrink it; by now I was done.

I've wanted an Android since the G1, but it was so, well ahh unsexxy

Than enter the Droid, what an IPhone and a BB! it was worth the $100 ETF. And I have several friends and associates that left ATT, BB and IPhone for almost the same reasons.

Yup, Android is a welcomed option in the Mobile Phone War.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yep, a good Start I'd say. Android will seize control over this next year.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Simply A Prediction. (in order)

1) iPhone
    2) Android phones
    3) BlackBerry

1) Android phones
    2) iPhone
    3) Something else new
    4) BlackBerry

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I have TMO and ATT and I have recently started using the iPhone on TMO to test it out. We have to choose which carrier to go with and since TMO is rumored to be the carrier of choice for Google, I am leaning on sticking with TMO and cancelling ATT.. I'll miss the 3G with the iPhone (I'm usually always on wifi anyway) but, I may get the Nexus One in the future, so I guess it's a no brainer..

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    A Prediction. (in order) I will drink to that.

1) iPhone
    2) Android phones
    3) BlackBerry

1) Android phones
    2) iPhone
    3) Something else new
    4) BlackBerry[/QUOTE]
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I have TMO and ATT and I have recently started using the iPhone on TMO to test it out. We have to choose which carrier to go with and since TMO is rumored to be the carrier of choice for Google, I am leaning on sticking with TMO and cancelling ATT.. I'll miss the 3G with the iPhone (I'm usually always on wifi anyway) but, I may get the Nexus One in the future, so I guess it's a no brainer..
    I'm taking a wait and see approach as far as the Nexus One and the carrier(s) it may, or may not run on.

I do agree that T-Mobile is currently a leading choice for Google.

However that said, there is such a huge difference in size and coverage of the AT&T 3G network that it would not surprise me at all, if the unlocked version of the Nexus One will run on AT&T.

I am both an AT&T and T-Mobile customer, and quite honestly, I would rather own an unlocked Nexus One and use AT&T.

Now allow me to qualify my comments by saying I am _not_ advocating for AT&T, but simply sharing my viewpoint.

I've run more than 20, brand new 3G smartphones of various brands, on AT&T for the last three years. During this period I have not only used them locally but in my business travels which are frequent and vast. At no time have I experienced the "horrid" problems that so many profess that AT&T has.

That said, it's simply an observation of mine that if we set this issue aside, when a large profitable corporation is on top or near the top, people like to be very critical of them. I often wonder if this is the case with AT&T ?

Certainly I'm not the only one that has experienced over a decade of terrific service from the AT&T network.

I'm both an AT&T, and T-Mobile customer, my preference is an Unlocked Nexus One on AT&T.