Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey y'all, Is anyone running Android on at&t? I am looking to pick up and ... Android Smartphones forum

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3

Android on at&t

Advertisement

Hey y'all,

Is anyone running Android on at&t? I am looking to pick up and android device that runs on at&t 3G........I saw an Acer Liquid on ebay that fits the bill, but I was wondering if anyone else is using an android phone on at&t.

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    It looks as if you'll be able to when the nexus comes out soon,very soon. As far as devices now right now someone else will have to chime in, I don't know the specs of them all, I'm pretty sure the GSM models won't support ATT 3G, rogers most likely will though. Don't know about the Liquid.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    bmay here on PS is running a TMO G1 on AT&T and he absolutely loves it
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Chokem.......if he is running a TMO G1 he doesn't get at&t 3g, right? I would have to get the G1 from Rogers Canada to work on at&t 3g.......or the Magic on Rogers (Mytouch 3g) which also runs on 1900 utms bands.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I realize what you were asking, I was just telling you he is very happy with his G1 on AT&T, he doesnt have 3G where he lives anyway.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

I knew that Glenn......just confirming my understanding. btw, how are you liking that 9000 I sold you?

scmurphy13 no está en línea Stack level 3
    There's a Motorola Android phone coming out called the "Backflip", I think. It's for AT&T.
    Practicing without a degree
    .44 caliber brain surgery

Thanks for the tip scmurophy13.......just google'd it, kind of a bummer it is like the clunk (cliq). May just have to hold out for the Samsung Experia X-10......whenever that gets released!!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    I knew that Glenn......just confirming my understanding. btw, how are you liking that 9000 I sold you?
    very much- these 9000's are so rock solid (my 3rd one), Im having trouble convincing myself to switch to another phone even though I have an upgrade soon.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ya my G1 isn't running 3g....but its still a sweet phone....I never thought about a rogers phone....
    That backflip doesn't look like the phone for me...lol...I'm gonna hold off in hopes that htc will make a g1 like device for att....cause we are suppost to have 3g here this spring.....
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

bmay.....I agree about the backflip, it is definitely not the kind of phone I'm interested in. What version of Android are you running on your G1? Is it easy to upgrade OS's and tweak the phone, like it is w/BB?

Also, does all of the at&t functions work? Do you need to tweak the phone to work on the network, and get email, voicemail, etc.?

Thansk in advance for the insight!

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I have it running on the unlimited family media net package which is 10/month...
    Yes you have to setup the apn settings, but thats pretty easy.
    Email, internet on edge, voice mail work fine....it will sync all your contacts right out of your gmail account wirelesslly which is sweet...
    As far as changing the os and tweaking....It's not as easy and straight forward as doing a berry os upgrade/downgrade....
    But its not hard either if you know what your doing....there are alot of help sites outthere.....youtube videos....xda-developers.com
    You have to have the phone rooted and have the correct radio, spl, and recovery image....to flash different roms.....so there are alot of steps to do it....but once you do it a time or two its not bad.....

I'm running a custom rom its Android 2.0.1 set up like the nexus one....I'm really enjoying this phone....

BB_KC_Boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2079E897
    Sorry to Spoil it but even thought the nexus one can be bought unlocked it does not support 3g on att only tmo.. they are running the 1700 band.. i have 2 friends running it on att and they only get edge... and when putting my sim in they get 3g..

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    It looks as if you'll be able to when the nexus comes out soon,very soon. As far as devices now right now someone else will have to chime in, I don't know the specs of them all, I'm pretty sure the GSM models won't support ATT 3G, rogers most likely will though. Don't know about the Liquid.
    T- Mobile G1 using Cyanogen Build 4.1.11.1 Android 1.6 On T-Mobile Network
    Running a Hero Based Theme

I AM A PC AND LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    That's good info,thanks. My iphone does quite well on att so its not an issue for me. Mine will be running on tmobile. Kinda sucks though, I would figure that they would have made it possible to run all 3G bands but no matter. I will have it

scmurphy13 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the Cliq and it's really not a bad phone. I don't get why I see people slagging it so much. Is it the best Android phone? No, but it's certainly not the worst. It's a nice, solidly built phone. Just my two cents. Anyways, the Backflip is an odd looking phone, but it's a neat idea. I wouldn't mind playing with one.
    Practicing without a degree
    .44 caliber brain surgery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast