Some apps won't install after downloading even though I have 30MB of RAM available on ... Android Smartphones forum

JazzyJeff no está en línea Stack level 1

Android Market strangeness

Advertisement

Some apps won't install after downloading even though I have 30MB of RAM available on my phone (a Motorola CLIQ XT). Some of these just happen to be updates of apps I already have on my phone, what gives????

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Try clearing your market cache. That sometimes helps with market issues. Its under settings, manage apps, scroll down to market, and select clear cache. Hope that works for you.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

I don't see it.

I don't see a way to clear the cache from here. Have you rooted your phone or something?

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yes my DX is rooted, but the doesn't change the settings menu. Did you goto manage apps, and find the market? When you click on the market, you should see "clear cache". If not, try pressing your menu button, and see if the clear cache option appears.

Now I understand. Tried that, nothing happens. Reboot my phone and try it again, nothing happens. There still appear to be a scant few apps that'll install/update though. This is weird!

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Ok, try this. The older versions of Android had plenty bugs. I know it sounds weird, but make sure youre signed into Gtalk. If not, sign in and try your maket again. If thats not it, go back to the market details, under manage apps, and see if there's a button or option to uninstall updates. This will uninstall any stealth market updates Google has sent to your phone. Users have reported that the updates cause the market to stop working for them. Let me know how it goes. Of course a factory reset is a last resort but will probably work if all else fails.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Looks like you're not alone Jazz.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...e06cc9af&hl=en

IronManCC no está en línea Stack level 1
    I noticed over time that sometimes the Market doesn't seem to be in sync with my phone - Apps that I *know* I have installed don't show up under "My Apps", or the Market will otherwise be dog slow in actually syncing up. Usually, it resolves itself after a few hours, or once in a great while after a day or so; but once or twice I've actually shut down the phone, removed the battery for a few moments, then put it back in and re-started the phone before it finally seemed to work as expected. Thankfully, that hasn't happened many times.