Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Get ready Android fans... Here are some pics of the G2 , and THIS will ... Android Smartphones forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Android G2 Pics and More...

Advertisement

Get ready Android fans...

Here are some pics of the G2, and THIS will be the one to have.

After using my G1 for quite some time, I'm excited about the G2. As always for me, this will be an alternative to my much loved BlackBerry Bold. And yet that said, I'm more excited about the G2 than I originally anticipated. Based on what I know about the G2, it will offer an experience that is 3x better than the G1, after all they had to start somewhere.

The G1's surprising sales numbers allowed them to accelerated development on the G2 and it will be released before you know it. The improvements number in the 100's. A vast improvement over the G1, the G2 is certain to garner a lot of attention, and truly stimulate further interest in the Android Platform.

Finally, to make things even more exciting, I had a peek at the development map for the G series, and a very brief glimpse of the prototype G3! The arrogant folks at Apple better watch where they are going, the Android developers are on a roll, and poised to pass Apple like they are standing still.

Here is the Android G2
    Last edited by archer6; 12-13-2008 at 08:11 PM.

cballard26 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243512FF
    wow that looks niiicccce. i was looking into getting a G1 but i will just wait for this. I have my storm so the wait wont be too bad!! great find!!

Quote Originally Posted by cballard26 View Post
    wow that looks niiicccce. i was looking into getting a G1 but i will just wait for this. I have my storm so the wait wont be too bad!
    I can say with certainty that the G2 will be a serious challenger to the iPhone. And for RIM's sake, I hope they are working hard on the second generation Storm, as this new G2 is simply amazing. Wait until people see what this phone can do, and how easy it is to learn.

After all, ease of use sells when it comes to new devices and this one is very intuitive. The greatly improved user experience offered by the G2, versus the G1 is unlike any other. It's like night and day. Absolutely every weakness of the G1 has been addressed and either eliminated or improved to the point of turning it into a feature.

Also unlike Apple who makes a big profit per iPhone then only reinvests a small portion of that into the next gen device, the Android people have put over 50% of all profit from the G1 back into R&D. As a result, they have a huge budget, are cash rich and compressing the product development cycle down to months.

Not only will the G2 be a big seller and a true iPhone challenger, they are going to enjoy even higher volume sales than with the G1. That will enable them to turn up the heat, and accelerate G3 development, thereby blowing a hole through Steve Jobs "reality distortion field".

Ahh...a gripping story if there ever was one!
    Last edited by archer6; 12-13-2008 at 08:35 PM.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    I played with a friends G1 last night and I actually liked it a lot... But this new G2 looks even better!!! Might have to get me one!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I dunno. I feel like the second gen should be.. vastly different. I feel that this may be a fake.

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I dunno. I feel like the second gen should be.. vastly different. I feel that this may be a fake.
    I thought I read on engadget that it is fake and there is no G2, but I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Fake huh...
    Actually it's T-Mobile that's fake...
    Keep those jokes coming...LMAO

Via BB Bold

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Fake huh...
    Actually it's T-Mobile that's fake...
    Keep those jokes coming...LMAO

Via BB Bold
    I'm sorry, but I don't get your point.

I was just having fun as I thought you were joking around about it being fake, so I joked about T-Mobile. The link I provided is very real. T-Mobile & Google are working very well together & they want people to know about it. They are taking the approach that if the potential buyers see how serious they are, there will be no question that the Android is here to stay. They know they are playing catch up & want people to be aware of their commitment to build a serious competitor in the touch screen arena.

Cheers
    Via BlackBerry Bold
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Might be worthwhile to purchase a G1 and play around with it.

The G1 is fun, but you know what they say about the Blackberry..

Well I honestly believe it's fake because it's just so similar to the G1. "More space.. more unique." Well it's not too unique if it looks almost exactly like the original, just.. a bigger screen. But we'll see, that's just my opinion.

The second generation iPhone is the same size as the original. The 8900 is the same size as the original. Do you see the pattern?

Via BlackBerry Bold

~ (wap.pinstack.com)~

Absolutely, but the iPhone and Curve families kept on what was good. G1 users have many complaints on the design of the G1 itself.

I just feel that if it's aiming to be "more unique" than it has to do a LOT better than that. ALMOST everything is exactly the same. If you want to see a really sweet Android phone, look up the oPhone.. to be released in Korea, I believe.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    That site is absolutely fake. Overlooking the DNS Whois obfuscation (which, by the way, is using a completely different provider than the rest of the T-Mobile, G1, and Android related sites), the site claims OpenGL ES 2.0 support on the device.

OpenGL ES 1.0 is the standard used in Android, and that is unlikely to change in the near future, considering the complete lack of backwards compatability and fixed function capabilities in ES 2.0. If anything, there would be obvious trends in the Android source code to support such a move, and I have seen none of the sort.

The device may be in the works, but the site is Grade C BS at best.

Edit: I just did a bit of scanning, to confirm the DNS inconsistencies. www.androidg2.org is running on an Apache 2 Debian Etch vhost at DreamHost in Los Angeles, CA, USA.

www.t-mobileg1.com, and www.t-mobile.com are running on varied providers in Chicago, IL, USA, with Global Crossing as the backbone provider. They are behind (linux) load balancers (surprise surprise, for sites of that size), but otherwise running Windows IIS 6.

www.android.com is running on Google's systems using Google's high performance http daemon. Level 3 networks is the backbone provider of the one that I was geographically closest to, but it looks like android.com, just like all of Google's other major services are run under geography specific DNS replies to direct the user to the nearest datacenter, to improve user experience and reduce congestion.

Which of these sites sound like they are hosted by large companies, and which of these sites sound like they are hosted by someone who payed a few dollars for hosting?
    Last edited by Thyth; 12-14-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Deeper digging.

If the site's a fake so what?

Then let's say for the sake of the doubters & skeptics, the G2 does not exist, so what?

I could care less, my brand & model of choice is RIM's BlackBerry Bold.

And how did I arrive at this decision? Simple really, for me it's the best, based on my experiences with the phones I currently own. And what other phones do I have now to compare my favorite BlackBerry Bold to? Well, here's the list:

Motorola:
    V3xx, V8, Q Global

Samsung:
    A717, Blackjack II, G600, U600, U700, Epix, Behold

Nokia:
    6500 Slide, 6500 Classic, 8600 Luna, E51, E60, E61, E63, E71, N85, N95, N96

Sony Ericsson:
    K530, K550, K630, K810, K850, M600, G700, G900, T650, T700

Apple:
    iPhone, iPhone 3G

HTC:
    Touch, Touch Pro, TyTN II,