Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Ok ... I don't know how to word this so go easy on me. the ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

an HTC sensation that can actually compete with a GS2!

Advertisement

Ok ... I don't know how to word this so go easy on me.

the sensation I am referring to is the XL, the specs are below.
    www.gsmarena.com/htc_sensation_xl-4161.php

I was playing with the device at a lab 88 store.

the amazing thing about this device is that it is only a 1.5 Ghz single core with less ram than its other sense 3 competitors such as sensation, just sensation and the evo 3D which are both duel cores, not to mention the evo having more ram but yet it still "obliterates/kills" them both when it comes to responsiveness and speed.

I would even go so far as to say that it runs just as fast, responsive and smoothly as the legendary GS2 even though we all know that sense is a hog.

now before you excuse what I just said as junk, please go and play with the device first.

my question is how can the lesser software outpace the greater ? never mind sense 3 outpace touchwiz.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    In a few words.....

It doesn't: )©

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks for sharing, guess the only way to know is to compare the two as you have. Just because one device have bigger and better doesn't mean it's faster, maybe in this case huh.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I would have to agree than my son's sensation is nowhere near my SII

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

KTW
    remember...not just any sensation, the sensation XL, ok forget the touchwiz but what about the creaming of the other phones I listed above ?

perhaps this was a once off or perhaps I have only used dud gs2's...i don't know.

From comments:
    "L et me tell you dude. the total memory avilable for users is 12.7Gb which is devided into 2 parts. One is phone storage (8.9Gb) , and the other one is internal storage (3.8GB which is reserved for apps). but remember 1 thing: you cannot access to internl storage!I've just used 400 Mb for apps so far. poor me."

Don't care if it makes tea and spouts rainbows. No thanks.
    No slot? 8.9 gigs?
    PapaMag and Delfim like this.

Forgot to add 1600 mah battery?
    Better carry extra battery if you're going to be jamming Tennessee Earnie Ford. 16 Tons with beats power......goodness.

Baggz345 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Damn... I was almost sold on this one.

KTW
    ya... it fooled me too

...or perhaps it didn't

ether way I know what I saw.

KTW
    oh...found this in the post by Cooley in lovin my evo 3D see link:

http://www.forums.pinstack.com/f211/...evo_3d-127494/

"It's fast. I liked how smooth the Nexus was, but this is noticeably quicker. Mind you it won't blow your mind, but if you're a geek then you'll love knowing you have a dual core under the hood. Even better when oc'd to 1.7."

perhaps this will prove that I'm not the only that thinks its faster but I won't continue bragging about this.

so perhaps it is

DanielJones no está en línea Stack level 2
    If we look at both the phones' spec we will find SII superior in every aspect. I personally haven't used sensation XL so cant say a word about it. If you are right then HTC has done a great job with this phone.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielJones View Post
    If we look at both the phones' spec we will find SII superior in every aspect. I personally haven't used sensation XL so cant say a word about it. If you are right then HTC has done a great job with this phone.
    it could be compared to the responsiveness of the iPhone 4 or even the 3G to the s2, though the s2 outmatches bouth they (iphones) are just as responsive if not more, even though in specs they fall far behind. I was wondering if maybe that sensation was rooted or even overclocked or perhaps HTC just found the best processor/chipset/gpu/kernel to run that specific version of sense.

KTW
    I suppose ill look at YouTube just to see if it wasn't just that specific one I seen at lab 88. can't believe the idea never accrued to me before.

DanielJones no está en línea Stack level 2
    Agree with you KTW, Apple phones' hardware spec are low but they are much more responsive than Android phone of that class. Sensation XLs' hardware would be an exception or we can say a brilliant work from HTC.

KTW
    that's one thing I must admit...iPhones are excellent devices especially the old ones as they show how light ios really is on slow or outdated hardware. honestly I couldn't blame people for getting or wanting iPhones, they truly are exceptional device's and as much as I do not wish to admit it, much nicer than Android in many ways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast