Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

That app is fake. Why would you think your phone is a dud?... Android Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

That app is fake.
    Why would you think your phone is a dud?

As for your battery life that is very good.
    The Evo is a good device. Just not good for me. Since I no longer have one it does'tt matter.

Battery saving app are always a waste in my opinion. I am a very heavy user. I can't get through a day. Keep in mind that unless I am working I am messing with my device. I downloaded and flashed a rom while we were doing this.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    4 days of battery max and once when i took of the back cover it bent and now when i put it back on it has a small gap...Not the build quality i have come to expect from HTC, rather disappointing in that respect

this is why i believe it to be a dud. but then again what can you do these things happen...say any idea where i can download 3D images that are compatible with the phone on the internet ?

Here is a thread at XDA.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1416547

Dontt know if you've posted there before, but it isn't a newborn friendly place. I almost never post.

The back cover is plastic. Is it cracked? If not then I would take it off and place something heavy on it for a few hours. You could take it where you got it and see if they will replace. Some places have extra doors laying around. Easy to get if they like you. Also eBay one.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    what is the exact name of this app...i searched for it on google play but just found CyanogenMod ICS, Theme, go launcher and i dont know what else.
    CyanogenMod is a customized distribution of Android, not just an application that you install. See http://www.cyanogenmod.com/ for more information. You'd need root level access to do this sort of thing as an application.

The permissions revocation feature is reachable from Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>[Application Name], where the list of permissions are. In ordinary Android, this is a read only list. In CyanogenMod, you can tap on any of the listed permissions to revoke it for that application, which will be indicated by a strike-through of the permission text.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

Thythm, is that cm7 & 9?
    Haven't messed with 9 yet since it is alpha and you have to be very careful on my device flashing.
    Just curious more than anything. You have a nexus I believe. Are you running 9?

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's definitely in CyanogenMod 7, which I run on my Moto Droid 1 (dev/testing device). I imagine it's also in CM9, but, I haven't had a chance to run that yet. There's no CM9 release for the Nexus One so I am running ICS via Evervolv. A developer on XDA that goes by texasice/drewis has been working on ICS for the Nexus One as Evervolv since late November.

In the last couple of weeks, it's gotten good enough to be a daily driver. Pretty much the only broken bits are related to USB MTP (USB mass-storage still works though), USB tethering, and video recording with the camera. The biggest problem is that you need to repartition the Nexus One NAND to make more room for the system partition, and then it's critically low on space for installed applications. You can do an SD partition for additional application install space, but unless it's a class 6 or better microSD card, doing so tends to lead to device lockups (like with an older class 4 card I'm using). But, in any case, given how functional Evervolv has gotten recently, I imagine CM9 for the Nexus One isn't too far away.

The Nexus One is getting pretty old, so, I'm hoping for a gadget upgrade during Google I/O 2012 in June, though.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    what anti virus should I use, I can no longer find avg for free, wondering if I should get avast ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think Lookout is one that is free. Snap Secure is a paid app.

Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    It's definitely in CyanogenMod 7, which I run on my Moto Droid 1 (dev/testing device). I imagine it's also in CM9, but, I haven't had a chance to run that yet. There's no CM9 release for the Nexus One so I am running ICS via Evervolv. A developer on XDA that goes by texasice/drewis has been working on ICS for the Nexus One as Evervolv since late November.

In the last couple of weeks, it's gotten good enough to be a daily driver. Pretty much the only broken bits are related to USB MTP (USB mass-storage still works though), USB tethering, and video recording with the camera. The biggest problem is that you need to repartition the Nexus One NAND to make more room for the system partition, and then it's critically low on space for installed applications. You can do an SD partition for additional application install space, but unless it's a class 6 or better microSD card, doing so tends to lead to device lockups (like with an older class 4 card I'm using). But, in any case, given how functional Evervolv has gotten recently, I imagine CM9 for the Nexus One isn't too far away.

The Nexus One is getting pretty old, so, I'm hoping for a gadget upgrade during Google I/O 2012 in June, though.
    So are you doing any development currently?
    I would assume the Galaxy Nexus is what you'll be looking to score?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123