Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have the bronze G1. A lot of people complain that you can't see the ... Android Smartphones forum

kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2

A couple of MUST HAVE G1 programs

Advertisement

I have the bronze G1. A lot of people complain that you can't see the keys during certain lighting conditions. Well, there is a program that fixes this problem that lets you manually shut off the keyboard light. This program is called:

Dark Keys -- This is a free program

Another great program is one that makes your phone sense the lighting conditions (much how a blackberry does) and adjusts your screen brightness accordingly. This program is called:

Ambient Light Sensor -- This program cost me $1.36 (USD) and was WELL worth it

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I would so get a G1 but I like my blackberries to much im afraid but if i ever did go another way, it would be what calls me

Im glad to seem some G! posting
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    i still have my bb....but g1 is alot of fun...my best app i use the most is the WHERE app and also the MYACCOUNT for tmo...
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I haven't really figured out what's so great about Where. Google maps usually tells me everything around that I'm looking for.

The MyAccount program is definitely great! I also like how it tells you your battery life and minutes and everything else.

well i like the where app for the local reviews in your search and the movie function...also the where wall (chat) is a lot cleaner then live-chat....but i use it mostly for weather and movies

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    I would so get a G1 but I like my blackberries to much im afraid but if i ever did go another way, it would be what calls me

Im glad to seem some G! posting
    Rashard you would love the g1. I've been an bb aaddict for years and decided to try something different. The g1 is great.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Rashard you would love the g1. I've been an bb aaddict for years and decided to try something different. The g1 is great.

Me too! It is GREAT! Ive had it since day 1 & it has gotten better everyday! All other OSs seem outdated!

Here's the perfect phone, The Storm hardware, Running Android of course,with wifi and 3g!! On ALL the major carriers no stupid exclusives!! And it would dominate the industry! Simple!!! OH & I meant Storm 2 hardware not that horrid clicky screen!!lmao
    Last edited by rdills; 05-25-2009 at 09:23 PM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3

Programs??

I currently have a Blackberry 8900. It's my second Blackberry, as far as smartphones go I've only owned Blackberries.

However I've been looking at the G1. I'm currently with T-Mobile and I'm happy with them except for the fact they don't have EDGE in my city of 20,000. No 3G in my state (Maine) yet (soon will come to Portland) but that also doesn't bother me with my current phone. Besides, I have wi-fi at my house and my girlfriend's house to make up for it.

How is application availability for Android? I'm not that impressed when I look at the Android Market online. Are there other sources? Is the online Android Market just a sample?

I'm not going to make the jump too fast, I'm waiting to see if the G2 comes this summer/fall.

Take care ...

David

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    i know i havent posted in a while but i absolutely love my g1. new programs are coming every single day---it is the greatest-----

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post

me too

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love the you tube dowmloader and scoreboard also if you have root wifi tether is the bomb

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    So far I'm loving power manager, taskiller, imeem mobile, weather widget donate version with addon (sick app!), and qik (a must if you video blog). There's a bunch, but they're just slipping my mind right now.

Does the ambient light app suck battery?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    So far I'm loving power manager, taskiller, imeem mobile, weather widget donate version with addon (sick app!), and qik (a must if you video blog). There's a bunch, but they're just slipping my mind right now.

Does the ambient light app suck battery?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    dont forget about cyanogen updater!!!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Imusic is really amazing. DL now if you like music. FREE MUSIC! Too good to be true.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC59) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Imusic is really amazing. DL now if you like music. FREE MUSIC! Too good to be true.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC59) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    Agreed. The hardest part is the actual dl of your free songs.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC63) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast