Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I wont miss.. all the people crying about a device they dont use, also if ... Android Smartphones forum

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220

Advertisement

I wont miss.. all the people crying about a device they dont use, also if it wasnt fore that crappy bb most people would still be rockin a flip phone.Move on and dont look back.Go G-Men.
    " B safe "

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    No problem here with my 8130 running 8130/4.5.0.169 never have a spinng hourglass,or this lag of death you all talk about... But the battery pull doesn't bother me ... It just means that in order to have an exceptionally powerful device you have to take steps to keep it powerful just like you have to clean your computer or it gets slow...

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Title of thread: 1 Thing I Do Not Miss About My BB

I no longer miss waiting for RIM to produce what they say they will, within the general timeline they say they will release it.

As a High-Tech Professional, I've always used more than one phone, even before BB's and smartphones. I simply love having choices and the various experiences that are available via the use of more than one device.

In the interest of embracing change, and eliminating the frustration of waiting for RIM to produce what they say they will, in the time frame they claim, I've relagated my new 9700 to third, amongst the three smartphones I use.

Now I'm enjoying the mobile communications experience more than ever.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    You have an iphone, the new droid and the 9700 how can you not be enjoying it?

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    You have an iphone, the new droid and the 9700 how can you not be enjoying it?
    If you are referring to the 9700, it's all about size. For the last several years the BlackBerry has been my smartphone of choice. Last year I enjoyed stellar performance from the BOLD 9000.

I particularly enjoyed the large display and keyboard. Now they have robbed us of the very "features, large display and keyboard, that they bragged about last year".

I'm also tired of having to disassemble the phone to clean the trackball every six months. Especially since the prior year they had a brilliantly designed trackball that was removable in just a minute or two from the front of the device.

Going backwards has never appealed to me. Once I heard that I would have to replace my worn but much loved 9000 with a smaller device, the choice was out of my hands. I remain a BB supporter, I'm just now sure for how long, it's all up to RIM.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I agree. The size of the 9700 is a bummer. The addition of more RAM and A track pad does not make me want to pay full price for this phone either.

After I purchased my 9000 earlier this year I knew that this would probably be the last Blackberry I bought for a while. To tell you the truth I'm tired of the battery pulls, the outdated OS and the overall lack of innovation from RIM. There is nothing exciting coming from RIM anymore. The only difference in these phone is wifi, screen size, track pad, and keyboard. (but im sure now they will be just different versions of the bold keyboard).

For the meantime, I will wait for this new webkit browser that should be released sometime next year and hope that it's all worth it.

I agree. The size of the 9700 is a bummer. The addition of more RAM and A track pad does not make me want to pay full price for this phone either.
    I could not agree more. About the only "upgrade" I feel is important is the trackpad, as it eliminates the problems associated with the "captive" trackball in the 9000. If it was like the 83xx series where one could remove it from the front to clean it or replace it then I would be fine with it. I protect mine very carefully, it's never in my pocket, and still it's just the nature of a trackball to eventually need cleaning. For RIM to require disassembly of the device, thereby voiding ones warranty, just for trackball maintenance is absurd.

After I purchased my 9000 earlier this year I knew that this would probably be the last Blackberry I bought for a while. To tell you the truth I'm tired of the battery pulls, the outdated OS and the overall lack of innovation from RIM. There is nothing exciting coming from RIM anymore. The only difference in these phone is wifi, screen size, track pad, and keyboard. (but im sure now they will be just different versions of the bold keyboard).
    Again, I agree, we are on the same page. Battery pulls, spinning hourglass, marginal "leaked OS" all of which make this a very disappointing device. I had a 7130C, and others that "came with a working OS" Then suddenly RIM doesn't even get that right before releasing the device. And as you say, nothing new, truly new and innovative.

For the meantime, I will wait for this new webkit browser that should be released sometime next year and hope that it's all worth it.
    Initially I was willing to wait, then when I looked back at the past 15 months with RIM, and delay after delay, missed opportunities and now the ultimate show of arrogance to take away what they previously bragged about when marketing the 9000 (large display & keyboard). Well that was enough for me. Why wait for what could be over a year for a "marginal upgrade at best"?

RIM has squandered my trust and is no longer at the top of my list. By failing to upgrade the "Real Bold" they have lost my trust.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I agree. This is my problem with my 8120 right now. Add to that, deleting apps you like just to have room for the freakin' thing to operate.
    I'm in a chat session with T-Mo CS right now AGAIN over the sluggishness.

I'm in a chat session with T-Mo CS right now AGAIN over the sluggishness.
    Forget the BB.

Get yourself an iPhone3Gs or a Droid, you will be glad you did.

The time you save, your most precious resource, will be well worth it.

Time to stop the pain, the delays, the headaches... all for what?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

And what I don't Miss at all is the...

Email thing, you know when you opened your supposedly html email and first things first "No images" so you click to download the images, next "Are you sure" D****t "yes I'm sure I just clicked it" Grrrr oh I hate that as much as I hated it in Vista (Allow, don't Allow). With my Droid full html, granted one button "show pictures" yes, pictures appear.. Yup! don't miss that

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Email thing, you know when you opened your supposedly html email and first things first "No images" so you click to download the images, next "Are you sure" D****t "yes I'm sure I just clicked it" Grrrr oh I hate that as much as I hated it in Vista (Allow, don't Allow). With my Droid full html, granted one button "show pictures" yes, pictures appear.. Yup! don't miss that
    +1

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Agree

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    Forget the BB.

Get yourself an iPhone3Gs or a Droid, you will be glad you did.

The time you save, your most precious resource, will be well worth it.

Time to stop the pain, the delays, the headaches... all for what?
    Can't afford to upgrade right now.

Can't afford to upgrade right now.
    It will be worth the wait whenever you do.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    The laughable BB App World: apps were pricey and slowed the heck out of my old Storm. I would download App World and wait for it to install. Then I would download a few okay free apps and then have to uninstall App World and wait for my phone to reboot.

Now, I can QUICKLY install and uninstall apps from the market...and none of these slow my phone down.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast