Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

I still have hundreds of pics on my BB and wanted to show one of ... Android Smartphones forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

1 Thing I Do Not Miss About My BB

Advertisement

I still have hundreds of pics on my BB and wanted to show one of them to someone yesterday. I pulled out my BB, clicked media, got the spinning hourglass for 45 seconds, then clicked on pictures/my pictures and got the sinning hourglass again but for over 1 1/2 minutes this time......I DO NOT MISS THE SPINNING HOURGLASS!!

BTW, had plenty of file free memory and radio was turned off, no data apps had been in use. I rebooted it, then 12 hours later when the only apps I had used was the password keeper and looked for a pic it had still dropped the file free by almost 10mb!...don't miss that either!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's nice to just be able to acomplish something simple without having to prepare this or that first.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    1. Constantly checking my memory to see it fluctuate so much.

2. Battery Pull

3. Horrible Sluggishness

I could go on and on...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I agree. This is my problem with my 8120 right now. Add to that, deleting apps you like just to have room for the freakin' thing to operate.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm about to jump ship pretty soon as well. I used to own an unlocked 7105t then 8100 then my beloved 8310 then my previous 8900 and now with the help of AT&T possibly an iphone.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Last friday my friend got his 9700 and I was showing him the ins and outs of the bb world. He seemed to like it after all but then again. I think he's in for a rude awakening. Too many people are reporting far too many issues with the 9700. I'm saving myself from that hourglass of death. I used to get so damn annoyed everytime I used to search for something or tried to load an application. It used to hate it sooooooooo much and still do. I dunno but when I sold my bb I felt like I dumped a huge pile of shyte into the dumpster. End of rant.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have seen it only once since getting my 8520,my old 8320 is a different story

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I agree. This is my problem with my 8120 right now. Add to that, deleting apps you like just to have room for the freakin' thing to operate.
    I hear ya- I have a Rooted G1, running a Custom Motorola Blur Rom with Sense UI from the Hero. And along with that the rom does "APPS2Sd", which means all my apps are installed and run from my SD card. Result? of the 89MB internal memory, I have 83MB free no matter how many apps I install- I currently have 28 I dl'd from Android Market-chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

joemc27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    No More
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    1. Constantly checking my memory to see it fluctuate so much.

2. Battery Pull

3. Horrible Sluggishness

I could go on and on...
    lol ah yes, the infamous battery pull.
    I dont miss those days.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489
    I won't miss......wow where do I start, let's see lag, hour glass, BATTERY PULL to get rid of the hour glass, track balls (even though the hero has one its not the primary way to move around). I love my BB don't get me wrong but if it wasn't for BB messenger and what 5.0 brought to the messenger I'd be gone already. I'm just waiting for my full upgrade and good bye.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have been reading this and sorta laughing. Everyone who has something to say about lag, hour glass..etc has come from the 8330, 8830 and 8130. Since being on the Storm 2 those have become non-issues. I waited just as long for the moto-droid to load apps and games as I ever did on my 8330. I have not had this issue once since getting the Storm2 other than network caused delays.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I played with a storm2 again...but between my iPod Touch and my Droid, I hate having to actually "click" the screen on the Storm2...I found myself repeatedly "touching" it and getting mad when it didn't respond lol. I guess I could get used to it but I really didn't like it. The store unit had some hourglassing action, but who knows when it's last battery pull was

I am not a crazed Android fanboy(girl) who sees my Droid in a gilded light. It is not perfect and certainly neither is Verizon as my twitter followers know. But I really like many things about the Android platform and when I switched to my BB for a few hours today I was once again frustrated with it. I really expected more of a "welcome back old friend" type feeling but didn't get it lol and I was glad to reactivate my Droid. It was nice to use BBM for a few minutes though
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    @azstar - trouble ticket, anyone? lol The only thing that I miss about my bb is the battery life. Gotta go to TMO tomorrow and see about swapping out my battery; not even getting a full day on my Behold 2.

Also don't miss hunting down apps and themes from different sources!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I played with a storm2 again...but between my iPod Touch and my Droid, I hate having to actually "click" the screen on the Storm2...I found myself repeatedly "touching" it and getting mad when it didn't respond lol. I guess I could get used to it but I really didn't like it. The store unit had some hourglassing action, but who knows when it's last battery pull was

I am not a crazed Android fanboy(girl) who sees my Droid in a gilded light. It is not perfect and certainly neither is Verizon as my twitter followers know. But I really like many things about the Android platform and when I switched to my BB for a few hours today I was once again frustrated with it. I really expected more of a "welcome back old friend" type feeling but didn't get it lol and I was glad to reactivate my Droid. It was nice to use BBM for a few minutes though
    LMAO!! It was because it was your ancient 8330.. I really loved the Droid too, it just didn't offer what I was looking for. Email is no where close to what it is on BB, IM looks like nothing more than a text message and has no options. You can't set profiles or ring-tones without a special app.The Facebook and Myspace apps are a joke and there was just nothing to totally pull me away. I am sure in a few months all these things will be looked at and addressed but for now BB is where I will stay because it is more user friendly, more usable and more productive for me and the things I use it for. As I mentioned in an earlier post if I need a device for fun and games this would be one for me. Either this or the iPhone but for productivity and usefulness I will stick with my BB! But I am glad you are enjoying it...

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think the hour glass only shows up if all your memory is used n you don't have a lot of mb cause on my 8330 I never get the hourglass anymore I free up a lot of memory I got like 25 or 30 free mb n now I don't get the hourglass anymore

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast