I have tried downloading the space Invaders game twice and both times when activated it ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Why is Space Invaders Slow?

Advertisement

I have tried downloading the space Invaders game twice and both times when activated it lags. I runs really really slow. Am I the only one with this problem. Is there a fix?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Why is Space Invaders Slow?

Ycliff, it might be a memory issue. I would start by doing a battery pull reset. Then go into the Options/Applications and delete the programs you don't use such as many of the languages. Be careful not to delete applications you're not sure about because they may be important. Also, it's good practice to do a battery pull every week or so to keep memory fresh. I hope this helps.

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Ycliff, it might be a memory issue. I would start by doing a battery pull reset. Then go into the Options/Applications and delete the programs you don't use such as many of the languages. Be careful not to delete applications you're not sure about because they may be important. Also, it's good practice to do a battery pull every week or so to keep memory fresh. I hope this helps.
    I know this is off topic, but I seen this message about pulling the battery every week or so. So I was wondering why! The post said about keeping the memory fresh, does it do anything else? Also one time I was on the phone with Nextel BB tech support and asked about pulling the battery and they said only do it as a last resort.
    Again sorry for going off topic....

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

Battery pulls clear up memory.. I guess there are residual processes or threads that don't close when you kill certain applications. Pulling the battery clears the memory.

BReady ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Might be sloppy programming too.

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Anyone else had this problem with the program? for me its not the memory issue nor a battery pull.

trackrunner5 no está en línea Stack level 1

it also runs slow on my 7280...it must have to do with the older BBs not supporting the program..meh.