For those who have OS 4.2: Were you able to get the email attachment that ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

afterburner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Video via email?

Advertisement

For those who have OS 4.2: Were you able to get the email attachment that contains video and view it? If yes, what's it like? Smooth? Choppy? How long can it play? What's limitation on file size? What's best video file format to play?

Thanks!
    The AfterBURNER

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Video via email?

Sorry but this is not possible right now.

Check out this thread for the couple ways to convert video and correct format can also be found in the help icon on your BB
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ng_8100_a.html

afterburner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Right, I'd rather to get video via email as an attachment instead of going thru video conversion process on a computer then transfer the file via USB.

Do you know if RIM will make it happen with OS upgrade? What's the issue for not having this available now via email?

Just curious. Thanks for quick response.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I doubt if RIM will offer this soon. I think the bandwith/Temp Storage hit would be really big on the RIM Email servers. One question, can attachments in emails be saved to the Media Chip in the Pearl?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am with the previous poster. I want to be able to view video clips right from email or download then from a website as I am always on the fly.

As Rcbjr asked, can attachments in emails be saved to the Micro CD card in the Pearl?

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I doubt if RIM will offer this soon. I think the bandwith/Temp Storage hit would be really big on the RIM Email servers. One question, can attachments in emails be saved to the Media Chip in the Pearl?

Rcbjr.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr

Rcbjr.
    I can confirm that I have been able to save jpg attachments from an email directly to the media card.

wglogan2005 no está en línea Stack level 2

A freind of mine sent a video of them off road 4 wheeling aout 15 sec from a LG camera phone as a mms. I was able to view it on my pearl. I had to open the email the go to foward or replay i think it was. Then it showed it on the pearl in the outgoing message.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
    I can confirm that I have been able to save jpg attachments from an email directly to the media card.
    Thanks, I can also confirm this, now. The question was posted before I got my Pearl.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles