I know that in essence you cannot stream video. But I was wondering if there ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

dn3hgh no está en línea Stack level 1

video on pearl

Advertisement

I know that in essence you cannot stream video.
    But I was wondering if there was a place I could would news clips or sports clips on my pearl without streaming.

thanks

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: video on pearl

Quote Originally Posted by dn3hgh
    I know that in essence you cannot stream video.
    But I was wondering if there was a place I could would news clips or sports clips on my pearl without streaming.

thanks
    With out Java Virtual Machine, or FlashPlayer, BB is not going to be able to play Clips over the internet. Also there is no hard drive to buffer the files to play them.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Well,

I am watching clips on my Pearl and it works fine. I can even watch full length movies on it.

The best results came from the BlackBerry Video Generator: Review

The Pearl, the 8800 and the 8300 do all have a SD-Card slot and therefor we have enough space to store video data

bewealthy no está en línea Stack level 1

So with this software can you actually save a dvd video file to your blackberry and play it using this sofware?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

bewealthy, I have 2 full length movies on my 2Gb card and they play fine on the pearl.

chuckstan no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jpitman no está en línea Stack level 1

Yep. I can vouch for that blackbery video generator. It works great. I have re-encoded a number of .mpg and avi files into the bb format flawlesly...totally worth the $15 bucks or whatever it costs. It basically re-encodes things to the smaller size and format. I have a 2gb sd card in my bb and I have probably about 3+ hours of video. But I also have a lot of other files. I took a 6Gb .mpg format file and video generator crunched it to about 320mb. Plays great. The biggest problem is that the media player doesn't have very granular controls. The slider bar on the player that allows for fast forward and rewind scales across the entire move. So if you have a 2 minute clip, it's easy to get to exactly the part you want. If you have a 2 hour clip, you can move to anywhere on the video +/- 15 minutes.

Is there a better player out there???

chinkboy no está en línea Stack level 1

question: does the blackberry require a memory card in order to play video

because right now i dont ahve a card, and ive been trying to send it to my phone throught the media manager. most places i've seen, they just put the file into the folder "video" so thats what i did. and the videos are fine i converted them using that blackberry software made for it. but it is not viewable on my phone. so.. is there a way to play video without the memory card. and can someone explain how to add video when there isnt a card and when there is a card?