Hello. I have several short video files on my Berry that were created using Imtoo's ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

jlatessa no está en línea Stack level 2

Video Freezing on ALL 4.5 OS Versions

Advertisement

Hello.

I have several short video files on my Berry that were created using Imtoo's DVD to MP4 ripping/encoding tool.

All of these files played perfectly under the video player in the 4.2 and 4.3 OS versions.

With every single version of the 4.5 OS that I've tried, the full menu does not display, and the player eventually freezes and you're unable to stop playback. When the file is completed, the screen turns white and then a battery pull is needed.

Is there a different or perhaps better file format I should be using?

Or is this just a flaw in the new media player?

What can be done?

Thanks.

Thumbs down

After trying several different codecs and rippers, I have determined that the problem is with the 4.5 media player itself.

Not acceptable at all.

So therefore, I will have to remain with the 4.3 OS if I plan on watching videos on my BlackBerry.

Thumbs up This Problem Is SOLVED!!

I have experimented with the same series of DVD Rips, using different bit rates, codecs, etc, and here is what I have discovered.

The new and improved 4.5 Media Player doesn't like MP4 files that have no audio track on them. I recalled that when I ripped these segments from DVD, I had disabled the audio because I only wanted the video portion of it.

I discovered this purely by accident, as I recently ripped a couple of DVD movies on to MP4 for use on my Curve. I then noticed that I did not have the trouble that I have previously described in this thread.

That got me thinking.... I thought "the ONLY difference between then and now, was the disabling of audio."

I was intrigued enough to go back to the original DVD and re-rip one of the files, both with sound, and then with no sound. The file with no sound hung the player as previously described. The file that had an audio track played perfectly.

So now I can continue to use my trusty Imtoo DVD to 3GP Ripper (even though I use MP4), with no change, and since I have to re-rip those original files anyway, I'll now know to not disable the audio, and I can also use an even higher video bit rate.

Imtoo DVD to 3GP Suite (www.imtoo.com)

My settings are the default BlackBerry MP4 settings but the default video bit rate is raised from 300 to 512. I leave the audio settings as they are.

Works like a charm!
    Last edited by jlatessa; 11-01-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391
    I've got a bunch of .avi files(all divx). and just recently updated to 4.5.0.93.
    how do I convert those files so they will play?
    9800 Torch
    I love my Berry!

MediaCoder should be able to handle that for you.

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

That is free, by the way