I read in another thread how to search for free programs to "unprotect" and conver ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Unprotecting iTunes Songs

Advertisement

I read in another thread how to search for free programs to "unprotect" and conver iTunes songs....I am still getting no luck! The trial ones only convert the first 30 secs of a song. I am trying the Switch Sound File Converter free from Windows, but it wont switch any of my iTunes songs...just the songs that I downloaded from other places---wma and m4p to mp3....

Anyone have any program suggestions? I dont know what's up with my computer lately, but it's not burning the itunes songs to CD and then ripping them back to the computer....so that method that was slow, but easy isn't working!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    so you are asking for suggestions for something that is free that will do it?

PIN/ID
    Free or really cheap. I searched the freeware stuff, but I want to be sure if I find a "free" program that it was designed to be free, not something that is meant to be paid for, but that someone posted for free--does that make sense?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go to Doubletwist....their software will convert Apple itunes formated songs into MP3 or WMA files. Program works great.

PIN/ID
    thanks JR...heading to check that out right now.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    It says that they dont support BB's yet. Is this an unlocking program or something that will "lift the gate" and allow a transfer, but not take off the protection of the iTunes and other purchased songs?

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    No, this program will convert the AAC file I believe it is, to a wma file or mp3 file. They don't support BB devices, but what I did was load the convertede files to a jump drive and then over to the Blackberry from there....pretty easy to use...just drag and drop.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    These songs are copyrighted for a reason you know... This is an illeagal activity.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

alnineball no está en línea Stack level 2

This is what i do.

I burn them to a cd. Then burn them back as mp3's.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie View Post
    These songs are copyrighted for a reason you know... This is an illeagal activity.

It only becomes illegal if I try to share them---which I dont know how to do. But to take off the protection to play them on MY mp3 players is not illegal!

brandon250r no está en línea Stack level 1
    its only illegal to share with others for free....if you bought and paid for it why be limited to apple? i want my music on my bb!!

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Not illegal to play your purchased content on something other than your Apple product.

brandon250r no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxBlue View Post
    Not illegal to play your purchased content on something other than your Apple product.
    exactly! you bought and paid for it legally why not use it how you want