I need some help with this issue: I have tried, many times, each time without ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Unable to copy 'down' music to media card

Advertisement

I need some help with this issue:

I have tried, many times, each time without success to transfer music to my media card. I have done this before, with success, but not today. I even though that doing a 'wipe handheld' would help, but it didn't make any difference.

Is there something i'm doing wrong, or that I need to change so that i can once again copy music from my PC to the card on my bb?

When i plug the USB cable into the side like i did before, it gives the message,
    'The media cars is not accessible because Mass Storage Mode is currently in use.'

How can it be in use when i'm not using my bb for anything else?

I have version 4.2.2.14 of Blackberry Desktop Manager. I own a BB 8310 with a 1Gb media card.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    make sure in your options it says mass mode enabled
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Thx

Jonnyxedge, Mass Storage is already activated before i plug the USB cable into the port on my BB

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that is really odd then. Do you have the dm opened up and does it show that its connected. Try using the media manager or see if you can open up the media card from there

i have opened up DM and it says the phone is connected and it shows the BB's pin number. The Media Manager is the program i've been using all along. It's the one that tells me i can't transfer the song.

I have opened up the MM program, and it does let me view what songs i have on the card already, but it won't let me put any more on there.

I don't understand why it won't let me put any more tracks on the card, it's only about half full.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    That's really weird. I usually click on my computer and open the drive lsited as blackberry and open it that way and you can click and drag music that way. Give it a shot. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've tried that, and it says the directory or file cannot be created.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It almost sounds like the card isn't being read correctly. I'd be tempted to try reformatting the card in your device and trying that. Or if you have access to a card reader, remove the card from the device and see if it can be read by an external card reader.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

jekko1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had the same problem with my media card. When using Roxio it wont let me copy down to my 4gb card it will only copy down to my bb.

The only way I have found around it is to take the 4gb card out of my bb and use one of those usb drives that it comes with to copy my music and movies onto the card.

pain in the *** but it works.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    It almost sounds like the card isn't being read correctly. I'd be tempted to try reformatting the card in your device and trying that. Or if you have access to a card reader, remove the card from the device and see if it can be read by an external card reader.
    That's what I would do...I have a media card get junked-up w/ all the frags from unload/dwnld of my media. Reformat! (Back-up all items on desktop and reformat. Better re-formatting w/device...if this doesn't work, card-reader.....)

Formatting SD Card

Is it safe to format the SD card while it's still in the device? I don't have a card reader.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    you want to format the card from the device you want to go in to options and then media card and bring up the menu and go to format card.

The issue has now been resolved. I went to the store and they replaced the card under warranty replacement.So, to those that took their time to help me out, a big thank you goes out to you all.I also wish to close this request from any further suggestions.

JuJuLam no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did you use the Roxio media manager thingy?
    Hmm..