I cannot use DM to transfer pictures/ringtones to my 7105t because it only has 4.1, ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Thumbs up Transferring Media from Computer to 7105t

Advertisement

I cannot use DM to transfer pictures/ringtones to my 7105t because it only has 4.1, but I found a new way to do it:

I gave my 18 year old son my 8700g because the keyboard is too small for my big ol' hands. It uses OS 4.2 so the DM can transfer files using it's Media Manager. I got 4.2 for this device from Vodafone because TMO still thinks it's "unavailable" (snicker)

So here's how I've been doing it: First, wait for the 18 year old son to fall asleep late at nite. Sneak in to his room, and deftly steal the 8700g. Go to the computer. Lasso the 8700 to the computer using the USB, and do a selective backup -- just "Content Store". Then delete all the pictures and tones from your son's device. As he walks by and utters the words "Hey Dad, have you seen my BlackBerry?" hide it and answer "Do you want me to help you look?" Since he's half asleep, it won't occur to him to try to call it.

Next, use DM to transfer all the content YOU want to his 8700g. After you've got it all loaded, do ANOTHER selective (Content Store) backup, making sure to not get it confused with the previous backup. Then, restore the first backup to the 8700g (which makes it look like nothing happened!) and the second backup to your memory-challenged 4.1 7105t. Voila! Transfer from computer to device complete!

Next, because your kid is still looking for his handheld, say the words "I think I saw it in the garage". As soon as he's out there, put it back in his room where you originally found it.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Transferring Media from Computer to 7105t

Great How To Mark
    But my question is? why won't you just asked your son for the device lol :P
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Re: Transferring Media from Computer to 7105t

But my question is? why won't you just asked your son for the device lol
    Because an 18 year old boy generally keeps pictures on a 8700g that he doesn't want Dad to see! LOL