Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i might just switch to the tmo dash its just as good if not better ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

bertelson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e50030

thinking about the dash

Advertisement

i might just switch to the tmo dash its just as good if not better than the bb pearl and the scroll wheel freaks out on me sometimes etc. the dash has IE email and windows media palyer etc i dont know theogh because i like the size of the pearl. any thoughts?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: thinking about the dash

Its totally up to you. But my opinion is go with the Pearl, the size compared to the dash is great.

Blackfist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E447F6

I went from dash to pearl. not going back. The dash is cool, but the texting feature kinda sucks and is not as intuitive as on the pearl, because you get a qwerty keyboard, but the dash wants to force you to us p9 or whatever its smart texting is. It is totally not necessary with the keyboard and actually made me type slower. suretype is better and no full keyboard...if they had fixed this one issue, I would have pimped my dash to death...

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

The dash is a cool phone, but it also has some known issue. For example, the sound touch strip on the phone tends to drop calls with call waiting (it also does not work very well as a sound controlling device.) Also at this time it is not known whether it will be upgradable to Windows Mobile 6. Likewise, unlike the Blackberry, if something goes wrong with it you have to do a handheld wipe on it and hope that it fixes the issue. But on the upside windows media player is easier to use on the dash. This phone is a big improvement over the SDA Personally, I really like the Blackberries! I know lots about the phone since I work in Tech Support, feel free to ask any questions!

stinky_sockz no está en línea Stack level 1

Correction...TMO Dash is a yes for the WM6. Only reason i switched from Dash to Pearl is because of all the features on it that i wanted. such as notes, copy and paste deal, and some free games. PLUS the internet plan is a lot cheaper. And i can set my yahoo mails on the Pearl. But i have to say that i am going back to the Dash as soon as WM6 comes out. But all in all it's a personal choice on what phone you want.

DaveCromwell no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a quick question about my pearl and the suretype feature.

Somehow my text entry choice got changed from suretype to the hit-the-key twice method. I didn't do this on purpose and would like to know how to change it back. It was in my bag but not in a case, so it got bumped and changed somehow. I have been pouring over the thing but can't figure out how to change it back (it now shows uppercase letters ABC in white letters on a grey box in the upper right-hand corner, and that was not there before).

Anybody know how to switch it back?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

go to your text message hit options the scroll down to enable suretype and presto
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I thought about moving over to a windows phone but I can't do that because BB is so easy to use and addicting windows was laggy to me and froze on me

DaveCromwell no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    go to your text message hit options the scroll down to enable suretype and presto
    Thank you.

Jacques27 no está en línea Stack level 1

I hope you choose the Dash because that's what I might just switch to also...Myy Blackberry Pearl has broken down twice! Now it's displaying the message JVM Error 547 and nothing happens. I can't do anything. I can't even turn the phone off!!! I just want to get to my phone again before I really end up with my THIRD phone in less than four months. Any solutions out there? Hit me up please....

Jacques27 no está en línea Stack level 1

I hope you choose the Dash because that's what I might just switch to also...Myy Blackberry Pearl has broken down twice! Now it's displaying the message JVM Error 547 and nothing happens. I can't do anything. I can't even turn the phone off!!! I just want to get to my phone again before I really end up with my THIRD phone in less than four months. Any solutions out there? Hit me up please....

Magiva no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECA54E

i would prefer the pearl .. i have the pearl myself and one of my co-workers has the dash ... doesnt really excite me when i see it .. besides the looks musch better and the size is compact
    PIN: 23ECA54E

HIT ME UP ANY TIME

psaero32 no está en línea Stack level 1

coming from a guy who works for tmo, i get so many less complaints on the blackberry and i have had both. pearl is much better and more stable as far as the os goes.

eleganta no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got JVM 547. What is it?????

snaple no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the pearl now, and i had the dash. the dash is nice if you want to add little applications such as emulators and other odd things of that nature (i had a genesis emulator and a nes emulator, both ran beautifully). I ended up buying a pearl a few months later because the dash's interface is far below what i was used being a blackberry user for a few years now.

the dash is fun, but actually using it as a phone or messaging device or really anything other than games it is below par compared to the pearl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast