I`ve been using this site some days, for my questions about my 8100 pearl and ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

HuMbSnAldO no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up The best encoding eve!!!!!!! from dvd too...

Advertisement

I`ve been using this site some days, for my questions about my 8100 pearl and all of you rocksss!!!this help me a lot!

This is my research contribuition...

Blackberry Video Converter
    Created by Seabyrd Technologies
    web: www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo

Why should you use the Blackberry Video Converter?
    • Simple yet powerful
    • One-click quick convert feature
    • Supports many types of video
    • Supports DVD (.vob)
    • Easily choose aspect ratio
    • Easily adjust volume
    • Can use all available languages
    • Ability to pass custom arguments
    • Rave reviews
    • Price (free)
    FREEEEEEEWARE!

gimme a repply about this!!!!

I need some help, but ask latter, no time at this moment.
    Last edited by HuMbSnAldO; 03-16-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: I tried and like a lot!

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Yeah. Its a good option. I've been using mencoder from the command line to convert my videos to to make them bb compatible for months... but unfortunately its too "geeky" for our standard users. Plus mencoder is not a program that comes preinstalled in windows. Another problem is that mencoder is hard to find by itself... You'll usually find it with mplayer or something... and since windows already comes with a media player most folks haven't a clue about what mplayer is... But I'll stop thread hijacking...

Here is the command that I use to get movies from my computer to a berry compatible format. Some tweaking is necessary, depending on what the input movie is, but the gist of it is reflected in this command...

mencoder -vf scale=240:180 /home/syed/Koop\ -\ Koop\ Island\ Blues.avi -o ~/Koop.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=240 -lameopts br=64:vol=9
    Being the command that I used to convert a video that I own.

mencoder -vf scale=240:180 dvd://1 -dvd-device /mnt/cdrom/VIDEO_TS -slang en -o ~/chinese.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=240 -lameopts br=64:vol=9
    Being the command that I used to convert a retail DVD to a berry compatible format... With english captions, no less!

Smile Good to DVD split and watch latter....

Yeap, a good way but too "Master" for a beginner like me...
    Work around Vista, learn DOS many years ago, but don`t like to use type, preffer graphic logic ways... hehehe

I use BBconv. to split a entire DVD, very usefull, couse i can see my preffer movies a little bit at different moments wile all day... (if its possible to some one else.. ) but for me so far so good.. hehehe at the metro, on the bus,,, waiting for my doctor...

well... just a tip.

Thanks for the helpfull site you help to maintain..
    Last edited by HuMbSnAldO; 03-16-2008 at 07:15 PM.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This works as long as you do not have a Verizon 8830. Seabyrd Technologies has a disclaimer right on the www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo page stating that it won't work for the Verizon 8830.

Thumbs down

Only AVI output? This is the case?