Is it possible to add a ringtone for the text messages? I used 3rd party ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Blade69 no está en línea Stack level 2

Text Message Ringtones

Advertisement

Is it possible to add a ringtone for the text messages? I used 3rd party software to do it on my Treo 700wx. I was wondering if the BB 8330 did it. If so, how do I go about changing it?

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Yeah
    Go to
    Profile>advanced>scroll to a profile>hit the blackberry button>go to edit>the option is in there. Hope this helps
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Make sure you select the ringer for in holster and outta holster option
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Unless I'm losing it, the 8330 doesn't have a profile button. I'll keep looking though.

Nope. Can't find it. Anyone else with a 8330 figure out how to change the text message ringtone?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    The profile icon on your desktop typically looks like a speaker. Click on this and scroll to the bottom past where you think that it should stop. Then you should see an option "advanced". Click on that and a new screen should pop up with your profiles. Ie. Quiet loud ... Highlight the profile you wish to edit and click the menu/blackberry key and select edit. In the next screen is where you can access all the different ring tones for the different items. Hope this helps. If for some reason you can't find the speaker icon on your home screen click on the blackberry/menu button from the home screen and select show all. For some reason the icon may have been "hidden". Hope this helps. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    make sure it isn't hidden. also what theme are you using?
    let us know what happens
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    The profile icon on your desktop typically looks like a speaker. Click on this and scroll to the bottom past where you think that it should stop. Then you should see an option "advanced". Click on that and a new screen should pop up with your profiles. Ie. Quiet loud ... Highlight the profile you wish to edit and click the menu/blackberry key and select edit. In the next screen is where you can access all the different ring tones for the different items. Hope this helps. If for some reason you can't find the speaker icon on your home screen click on the blackberry/menu button from the home screen and select show all. For some reason the icon may have been "hidden". Hope this helps. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks. You nailed it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    make sure it isn't hidden. also what theme are you using?
    let us know what happens

Maybe I havent found this fun enough to play with it yet but what's the deal with themes. I put a pic in the background I like and that's it. I have my icon set in the "L" pattern (I hate clutter) and I'm all good. Changed the font to Comic Sans. That's it. So what's up with "Themes"?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Well depending on how the theme is written or set up. Some icons and some programs are hidden because that is how the creator of that theme made it. I came across themes that because it had a valendse on the main screen when I pressed my menu button it wasn't on that screen at all. You know? So sometimes there are certain things hidden. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~