I have a 4 gig memory card and wanted to download a few DVD's onto ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

shiphappens no está en línea Stack level 1

Taking a DVD and downloading it to my Curve

Advertisement

I have a 4 gig memory card and wanted to download a few DVD's onto my phone. I would really appreciate some info on this. I am not really computer savy so I would need something even a caveman could do (hehe).

By the way, did I mention this forum friggin' ROCKS! I have had my phone less that a week and already have more stuff on it than all my other phones combined. You guys are awesome.
    Thanks,

Joe

Blackberry 8310 Curve

seastkc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241BF728

Re: Taking a DVD and downloading it to my Curve

Check out www.slysoft.com they have some packs that will do it with only a couple of clicks. Get the anydvd and clonedvd mobile. Any dvd removes all of the copywrite protection and regional coding etc. and runs in the background. Clonedvdmobile does the actual ripping of the dvd. They cost money and there are some free programs out there. But I bought these packs because they are constantly updated and can rip HD dvds. Well worth the cost and if you want to split the cost get someone else in on it and share the "key" they give you to register the software once you buy it.

Thanks for the info
    Thanks,

Joe

Blackberry 8310 Curve

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

Blackberry video converter will do DVDs i think and it's REALLY easy to use. but as I said in anotehr post, I'm having a few issues getting full screen

Spook is the BB converter in my phone or on the media program on my PC?
    Thanks,

Joe

Blackberry 8310 Curve

beathuh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31bb7c46

neither its in the download section or can download right from the seabyrd sight here http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo

beathuh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31bb7c46

if the dvd is store bought though you will have to rip it to computer with a decryptor like dvd decryptor or dvd shrink(my fav.) to take out the copywrite protection, then use the bbconvertor to make the video file for the bb, any other questions jus ask, pin, IM, or here

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

After a few weeks of fiddling with this stupid stuff, I have finally come up with a decent conversion process. This process works for me and is relatively fast. Your mileage may vary.

Here are the tools that I am using:
    DVDFab HD Decrypter for ripping the movie to your hard drive.
    mPlayer/mEncoder for the conversion process. This is the same tool that Seabyrd's application uses.
    Since I am running Windows XP, I downloaded and installed the Windows version, MPlayer 1.0rc1 Windows, and the corresponding Windows x86 20061022 Binary Codec package.

Ok, now on to the fun stuff. First use DVDFab to copy the DVD. I use the Main Movie option and select only the movie and the main audio track, all other options have been deselected. Click the Start button to copy the DVD to your hardrive. The default location should be
    My Documents\DVDFab\ISO\MainMovie\MOVIE NAME

Once the movie has been copied, I do a quick play test of the movie using the following command; note I have added this to a batch file that I place in the MOVIE NAME folder. Please make sure that the mPlayer program is in your PATH or use the full path to this program.
    mplayer.exe dvd://1 -dvd-device .\VIDEO_TS

If the movie plays without any issues, I then use the following command, again in a batch file, to convert the movie.
    mencoder.exe dvd://1 -dvd-device .\VIDEO_TS -vf scale=320:-3 -o movie.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=400:acodec=mp3:abitrate=64

After about an hour the movie conversion should be done and you can copy this to your Blackberry Curve.

Optional stuff:

If you wish to remove the black bars around a widescreen movie, you will need to use the cropping feature of mEncoder. Using the mPlayer batch file, add the following option -vf cropdetect. During playback, something like the following will scroll by in the command window:

[CROP] Crop area: X: 0..719 Y: 60..419 (-vf crop=720:352:0:64).

I normally let the movie play for about 60-90 seconds until I see that the numbers appear to repeat themselves.

Copying the -vf crop=720:352:0:64, I add this to the batch file for conversion. I add this before the scale option as follows -vf crop=720:352:0:64,scale=320:-3
    Run the batch file and wait until done.

I have use this method to convert at least 15 movies without any problems.