I bought my 8300 a few months ago and included in the applications was a ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Streaming XM Radio

Advertisement

I bought my 8300 a few months ago and included in the applications was a 3 day trial of streaming XM. I started the 3 day trial and without a doubt it was terrible. I had to wait up to 5 minutes just to get 30 seconds worth of music and it would do that all the time. Needless to say I hid the application on my desktop and decided it was crap. Well today I was playing with a theme and of course when you load up a new theme all of the hidden icons reappear. Just for kicks I clicked on the streaming XM icon and a message popped up that said my trial had expired but I can still sample the service by playing the preview or choose to buy the subscription. I figured I would click on the preview to see if anything had changed as far as quality goes. I was shocked, the preview played continuously without a pause over and over again. Something has changed and I don't know what but it played flawlessly. Has anybody else experienced this or am I being duped by a fast loading preview and will I find a crappy service if I subscribe?

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Re: Streaming XM Radio

Well, personally, The 8300 shouldn't have had that trial. For one, because the speed of the phone...

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

I got the phone from at&t in September and it was on there. I wonder if the recent outage/upgrade has anything to do with the fact that it works flawlessly now.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I have the same feelings about that. I didn't want to subscribe and then not get a solid stream of music . I just have XM in my truck. I LOVE IT but doubt i will spend the money for it on my Curve.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

ejmuelle no está en línea Stack level 1

I am streaming XM (you have to be a current XM subscriber and have an online account) on my 8100 with the following on my 'always on' PC: Winamp, shoutcast server (2 downloads: 'be a DJ' link and 'be a server' link), uXM server (millardsoftware): these all run in the background and stay on as long as the PC is not off or on standby. RadioBee version 1.1 (not the new version; I can't download that for some reason) on my Pearl locates the stream on my PC. The basics are here: blackberryforums.pinstack.com/15807-stream_any_audio_to_your_pearl_asx_files_wma_s_any thing-2.html

You log onto uXM server, copy the mms address from within uXM ('URLs' button to right, select low bandwidth) and paste it into Winamp file menu: 'Play URL...'. I had to configure my home PC dsl router to open ports 8000 and 8001, and edit (in Radiobee) a preloaded station to point to my home PC IP address. I can even remotely 'change the channel' with RDM+ (on the 8100) changing (on my PC) the saved bookmarks (different XM stations) of Winamp.

Wish I could post the URLs but the spam police here won't let me...Any questions post here or email me at ejmuelle@tmo.blackberry.net

Faulknergrrl00 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Does anyone know about Sirius and if you can listen to that on your phone? I'm a subscriber and would love to have it on my 8300.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Ditto!!!same here!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulknergrrl00 View Post
    Does anyone know about Sirius and if you can listen to that on your phone? I'm a subscriber and would love to have it on my 8300.

kingfish412 no está en línea Stack level 1

My brother in law is Sirrus employee,, he indicates should be up an running by the end of the 3rd quarter ,, they want to roll it out for xmas.

Faulknergrrl00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by kingfish412 View Post
    My brother in law is Sirrus employee,, he indicates should be up an running by the end of the 3rd quarter ,, they want to roll it out for xmas.
    Thanks for the info, Kingfish!

So do you know if we'd have to pay separately to be able to get it on the blackberry? Because Sirius is all about paying per receiver and the phone would be considered a receiver. Just curious.

Thanks!

gutterkizmet no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just started another thread on this because I missed this one when searching.

I just got a client for my windows mobile device that allows me to use my on-line subscription on my cell phone. I would assume that any client for blackberry would work the same.

Anyone know if there is a similar client as the windows one?

PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Wonder what now that there merging?

kobstgarten no está en línea Stack level 1
    What carrier are you with? There are different versions of the application that will offer different experiences... let me know.
    ~K

PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kobstgarten View Post
    What carrier are you with? There are different versions of the application that will offer different experiences... let me know.
    ~K
    at&t

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu
    I downloaded XM for Blackberry on the 3 day trial. We have XM in one of my vehicles and what I got was not at all what I expected. XM for Blackberry is a handful of music channels.(XM Lite) Before I started listening to the music on XM I listened to a live version of AC/DC's Back In Black I had on my SD card. The contrast was extreme. The sound quality of the music from XM for Blackberry reminds me of music on a cell phone. Extremely low quality. It did stream well, but if I were to subscribe, it would be only for the news and sports channels, which are not available on XM for BB. I would not pay 7.99 a month for that either.

My recommendation for XM for BB would be, do not download it unless you are tone deaf.

keithwhitney no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    My recommendation for XM for BB would be, do not download it unless you are tone deaf.
    I agree, it sounds terrible.