I have been having wierd problems with my 7105T since I upgraded to OS 4.1 ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

blbeach no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Question Strange 7105T Problems after upgrade to OS 4.1

Advertisement

I have been having wierd problems with my 7105T since I upgraded to OS 4.1 - I can't get any themes to work except the BB dimension - Zen theme (which is really the one I like the best anyway). I have read everything I can find here and on other forums, wiped and reloaded (both with the battery in and removed) at least 10 times and have tried several versions of the OS 4.1 software. I gave up on trying to get any other themes to work, they just give me a java error and I am happy with the Zen theme. I can compile and load themes in plasmic theme builder and they load fine, have the correct permissions, but they either do not show up in the themes or cause a java error when trying to load so I just gave up. After loading the latest tmobile version (4.1.0.309) I now get a java error (UncaughtException:java.lang.Class.Cast Exception) when trying to delete ringtones! I know Erica has the same phone and has hers working, but I just cant get mine to work right and I'm frustrated. Everything else seems to work great. I can delete the RSS database to remove the rintones, but then I have to reload all the ones that I want. Can anyone shed any light on this? I have seen lots of people have reported the theme problem, but no one else seems to have reported the ringtone problem, and I would like to know if there are any other things I could try. Thanks in advance..

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Strange 7105T Problems after upgrade to OS 4.1

Someone had the ringtone problem last night. Here's the thread. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ting+ringtones

Uncaught Exception means that there is a problem with the OS or a program is causing a problem. I would remove all third party programs and then reload them one by one until you get to the one that is causing problems.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Erica, thanks, but the problem I have is that I cant delete the ringtones that I loaded, he is trying to delete the (locked ringtones) that come with the OS. It's not the same problem at least as far as I can see. He wanted to know where to find the ringtones to delete them and once he found that out, he found out that he could not delete the factory ringtones. I know where the ringtones are, I just cant delete the ones I loaded.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

I'm sorry, i forgot to add I will try removing all 3'rd party programs and trying it again as you suggest. I will do that later, but right now I need to use the phone. Thanks again

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Maybe a silly question, but for the themes did you load the plazmic theme reader on the BB?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Yes i had plasmic theme loader in there, themes still wont load.

zoeyak03 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the exact same problem. First my themes did not appear in the themes menu, and none of my themes except one worked, despite numerous hard resets. So i attempted to reload the OS update, and that didnt work, so i wiped my bb, and reloaded the OS. I installed the plazmic reader. My theme appeared in the theme menu, but I only had the option to close, not to activate. I then loaded another theme, and now neither is in the theme menu. I have checked all the permissions and performed multiple hard resets. Do you think there is an error is in our version of the reader? Or maybe the update?

PIN/ID
    Ask me

I got it fixed, the problem seems to be in the Blackberry Desktop Manager. I'll document how to fix it soon, but everything is working now. Nice to finally see plasmic working!

lwhaitiri no está en línea Stack level 1

HI there

Just wondering how you fixed the problem because we are having the same issue and now we cant sync?!?! Any help would be greatly appreciated

BETZBOOP5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D0BD01

Try To Load A Previous Profile Backup In Advanced Options Of Your Desktop Software Most Time The Ringtones Will Still Be There Only Choose Profiles And Overide It To The Handheld Then Try To Delete Them