hi all got a another memory card 4gb sandisk card, when i put it in ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

RobYuriPrime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2155797c

Question Status

Advertisement

hi all got a another memory card 4gb sandisk card, when i put it in it shows that i have got 3.7gb free in my media card options but when i got to Status in file free: its showing 0 bytes is that a problem or will it be ok for saving pics and that?

Rob

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You'll be fine - go ahead and use it. You never get the full amount of space (4gb on a 4gb card) because some of the space is used by the card itself.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    its true, if you get a 2gb it will show 1.xx it will never show you the amount you get.. Much like a Hard drive in your computer.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobYuriPrime View Post
    hi all got a another memory card 4gb sandisk card, when i put it in it shows that i have got 3.7gb free in my media card options but when i got to Status in file free: its showing 0 bytes is that a problem or will it be ok for saving pics and that?

Rob
    Memory card and Status/File Free have nothing to do with each other. If your file free says zero bytes, that's a big problem! Your BB will start deleting your call logs and messages if it hasn't done it already.

Reboot your BB either by pressing Alt/Shift/Delete, or a battery pull and then check your file free again. Then check out this thread for some ideas of things to do to keep your free memory:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=22541
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks az - great info. I missed the 2nd part of the poster's question.
    Last edited by azstar; 09-26-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: content edit
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RobYuriPrime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2155797c
    thanks all, had to pull out batt for a while then file free space was fine had all memory up