Say a movie like Beowulf for example that runs about 115 minutes. How much space ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

tj2311111 Guest

Space Movies Take Up on A MicroSD Card?

Advertisement

Say a movie like Beowulf for example that runs about 115 minutes. How much space would that take up on a microsd card when converted to BB specs and in excellent quality? I know vague question but Ill hope someone has an idea.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: Space Movies Take Up on A MicroSD Card?

heh. someone call the MPAA!! j/k anyway being that large of a file i hope you got a large microsd card say about 4gig! hehe but other then that after conversion im thinking between 600-800mb. just a guess. just convert it and see.

TreBlack7 no está en línea Stack level 2

That's something you may have to play with because I've had movies that actually play better in "High" quality than "Excellent". It almost like the Bitrate was too high. The only movie I have converted in Excellent is an old HBO movie "The Rat Pack" with a running time of 2hours. In "Excellent" Quality (using the free Acala DVD 3gp ripper) it is 340MB. In "High" Quality it is 176 MB.

The Acala program doesn't give the option of choosing the exact bitrate or telling you what it is for "Excellent" or "High". However, based on the outcome I would have to guess that Excellent is probably somewhere in the 30fps/850kbps+ < range. I've noticed that when I converted YouTube clips for instance that any thing beyond the 30fps/500kbps range starts to get a lil to "sharp" so to speak image-wise. Hope that makes sense. And on the other side when I tried to convert some old Seinfeld episodes I could never get it to convert the right way so that the audio matched the video. It's kind of frustrating because there are some DVD's that I just can't get to convert properly. I may have to break down and actually pay for software that allows me to choose specific bitrates to convert to.

Some other examples:
    Fracture (A. Hopkins & Ryan Gosling) in "High" quality, 113 mins. 167 MB
    Shrek the Third in "High" quality. 137 MB
    Wedding Crashers in "High" quality, 128 mins. 187 MB
    Get Rich or Die Trying in "High" quality, 116 mins. 172 MB
    Disturbia in "High" quality, 104 mins. 154 MB

And American Gangster I have in 2 parts Both in "High" The first part is 114 MB and the 2nd is 109 MB

Honestly, I know this may sound lazy, but this has just been so convenient for flights that are kinda crowded and I just don't feeling like getting my laptop out of the over-head bin. The screen may be a lot smaller, but with the right headphones it can still be a cool way to pass the time on a long flight.
    Last edited by TreBlack7; 12-06-2007 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Breach just took up 184MB's on mine.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

1 hour HD episodes of Heroes crunched from ~350 MB to ~118 MB using Seabyrd's BlackBerry Video Converter.

SPBRIAN no está en línea Stack level 1

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i couldn't get any of the movies that I converted with acala to play directly on my BB straight after conversion. BB pearl 8100. I used the super c program to convert it into avi h265 codec with the settings I found on another website and I got fed up with the process when the file went from 180mb from acala to 400 mb with super c and only half converted. Any ideas?

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have how high on mine takes 4-5 gb

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have how high on mine takes 4-5 gb
    gb?!

mortys11 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by TreBlack7 View Post
    That's something you may have to play with because I've had movies that actually play better in "High" quality than "Excellent". It almost like the Bitrate was too high. The only movie I have converted in Excellent is an old HBO movie "The Rat Pack" with a running time of 2hours. In "Excellent" Quality (using the free Acala DVD 3gp ripper) it is 340MB. In "High" Quality it is 176 MB.

The Acala program doesn't give the option of choosing the exact bitrate or telling you what it is for "Excellent" or "High". However, based on the outcome I would have to guess that Excellent is probably somewhere in the 30fps/850kbps+ < range. I've noticed that when I converted YouTube clips for instance that any thing beyond the 30fps/500kbps range starts to get a lil to "sharp" so to speak image-wise. Hope that makes sense. And on the other side when I tried to convert some old Seinfeld episodes I could never get it to convert the right way so that the audio matched the video. It's kind of frustrating because there are some DVD's that I just can't get to convert properly. I may have to break down and actually pay for software that allows me to choose specific bitrates to convert to.

Some other examples:
    Fracture (A. Hopkins & Ryan Gosling) in "High" quality, 113 mins. 167 MB
    Shrek the Third in "High" quality. 137 MB
    Wedding Crashers in "High" quality, 128 mins. 187 MB
    Get Rich or Die Trying in "High" quality, 116 mins. 172 MB
    Disturbia in "High" quality, 104 mins. 154 MB

And American Gangster I have in 2 parts Both in "High" The first part is 114 MB and the 2nd is 109 MB

Honestly, I know this may sound lazy, but this has just been so convenient for flights that are kinda crowded and I just don't feeling like getting my laptop out of the over-head bin. The screen may be a lot smaller, but with the right headphones it can still be a cool way to pass the time on a long flight.

i tried this program and when i loaded the file to my curve i get an error message

you have no problems?