I have an 8830 and a 4gig SD card. I initially was using Roxio to ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Songs playing in four seconds

Advertisement

I have an 8830 and a 4gig SD card. I initially was using Roxio to transfer the songs but it kept telling me that the songs were copy righted and could not transfer. THESE ARE SONGS THAT I RIPPED OFF MY OWN CD'S!!! That is what really irked me. these were songs from lime-wire or another file sharing program. So anyways, I thought I would beat the system so I took the card out of my 8830 and put in in a card reader and transfered the songs.
    Now some of the songs play but about half of them play in about 4 seconds and sound like R2D2 on crack.
    anybody have any ideas why this is happening? Is it a copyrighted issue or a problem in the file transfer?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    The program you used to rip them copyrighted them. Most times if you use Windows Media Player or other apps to rip CD's they require a codec to play them. Blackberry's cannot just go out and get a codec so it is required that the song is not copyright protected.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I would double check what settings you're using to rip them. Try regular MP3 @ 128kbps/44100Hz. If the bitrates are off and the blackberry is thinking it's a different bitrate, it will end up playing it at a different speed.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    That happened to me. I don't know why but, they were ripped in the wap format. I reformatted them into mp3 and it worked like a charm..