By: Andreas Wiebe
Purpose: To setup a new (custom) profile
Reason: The default profiles that come with BlackBerry's are not appropriate for all situations. Users may want to create a custom profile for certain situations.
Models: Relevant for all models except the BB-7100's.
1) Click the Profiles icon
2) Click the trackwheel, select New from the menu
3) Enter a name for your profile (Vibrate Only in the example)
4) Select one of the programs (Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, etc.) in the list
5) Click the TrackWheel, select Edit from the menu
6) i. Click Out of Holster, then Change Option: select one of
ii. Click Tune, then Change Option: select the tune you would like to have play for this event.
iii. Click Volume, then Change Option: select the volume you would like the tune to play at. Note: Escalating gets louder with each ring.
iv. Click Number of Beeps, then Change Option: select how many times you would like the tune to play for each alert (1 to 3)
v. Click Repeat Notification, then Change Option: select if you would like the LED (light at the top of the unit) to flash if an unread message of this type is in your messages.
7) Repeat step 6 (i - v) for In Holster
Click the TrackWheel, select Save from the menu
9) Repeat steps 5-11 for each program type (Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, etc.)
10) Click the TrackWheel, select Save from the menu
11) Your new profile is now listed in the main Profiles screen
To enable it:
16) Highlight your entry
17) Click the TrackWheel
18) Select Enable from the menu
Note: You will be returned to the Home Screen after enabling the new profile.
Example 1: Vibrate Only (no ring), Flash the LED if there's an unread message of this type
Example 2: Vibrate & Ring, get louder with each Ring, Flash the LED if there's an unread message of this type