Hey everyone, I need HELP! I looked at the post on adding ringtones or pics ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

flushbob no está en línea Stack level 2

Question RINGTONES AND MP3 w/out DATA PLAN NOT WORKING FOR ME. NEWBIE

Advertisement

Hey everyone,
    I need HELP!
    I looked at the post on adding ringtones or pics without a data plan:
    (Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan)

....and it didn't work for me....mainly because I did not understand 90% of the steps. whats a simulator? or a JDS? or an MDE? and how do I get all that stuff.
    I have a 7130c with cingular and do not currently have a data plan. I need help getting some software or apps that I can use to add/remove ringtones and pictures through my usb connection from computer to blackberry with the desktop manager APP LOADER.

I am a newbie and not as super-duper computer literate like you guys.lol
    PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY OUT THERE!!!!!!!!
    THANKS
    FLUSHBOB

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    Hi flushbob and welcome to the stacks. Downloading stuff without internet access is not for the faint-hearted and a walk-through is going to be lengthy (and still difficult). I'd seriously consider a data plan, life will never be the same again

lol. I see. I am learning very quickly that though the blackberry is so open ended that I can add any kind of program to it and use for all kinds of stuff...nothing that integrates with the blackberry is free.

thank you for the advice and the welcome giam.lol stacks is very helpful
    why doesn't someone event some sort of application bundle package for ringtones and pictures and all the other generic stuff required?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    flushbob, Welcome to PinStack.

For more information about JDE and MDS, see the Blackberry Developers Website.
    why doesn't someone event some sort of application bundle package for ringtones and pictures and all the other generic stuff required?
    Because it just isn't worth the time and effort that would be required to get around the security that has been built into the USB interface in the current versions of the OS. Maybe with future version it will be easier. Blackberry devices are specifically designed to work with data services. That is their purpose. Why waste effort in creating an app that is designed to get around not having what they are designed for.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB. And if you do have questions, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device. Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

hey rcbjr,
    thanks for the advice and quick response (i see ur part of the pinstack "team" and not just a user)....i like this site...very helpful.
    i will read over that link you provided and i see what u say makes sense...i just figured with all the techies out there...someone would have created a bundled package app for the minority group of blackberry users out there without a data package yet.
    i will look into the profile stuff, thanks for letting me know - i did not even know i had all that stuff left blank.lol

thanks again and appreciate it.
    flushbob

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Let us know what you decide, and Thanks for filling in your profile. Now I can say that if you do decide to try that method, make sure you download the 7130c Simulator.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ibrahimnafis no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202F9F60
    can i download mp3 ringtones for 7230

Re: RINGTONES AND MP3 w/out DATA PLAN NOT WORKING FOR ME. NEWBIE

hey rcbjr,

no problem. the pearl came out and I just exchanged my 7130c for that one....and it has made my life a lot easier. The pearl is great and I can add music/pics and all that good stuff with ease.
    Thanks for the help though.
    flushbob

bravesdude13 no está en línea Stack level 1

hi flushbob i am also a newbie and this process worked very well for me and my new 7100i so if u have any questions feel free to ask

skylane2k2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hmm...

Well, I downloaded Blackberry JDE and the associated Simulators....can the people who have succeeded with this help me out? How do i initiate a simulation? I always get an error "Device not attached".....even when my blackberry is connected! Please make this whole thing easier for us!

overlordjd no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem but have since resolved the issue. Go back to the original thread. there have been more posting since you last visited. your answers should be there now. Here are a few of the things you will need to give you a head start.

1. Current version of desktop manager
    (Software to Syc BB with PC)
    2. Blacberry JDE component Package v.4.1 or v4.2 depending on model
    (Simulater for you particular handheld)
    3. Blackberry Email and MDS simulatore if not in JDE component package
    (MDS simulater needed to simulate facilitate internet connection)
    4. jdk-1_5_0_10-windows-i586-p-iftw
    (Java runtime Package)

Hope this helps and again. Check back the original thread

shelley28 no está en línea Stack level 2

what is a simulator? how to use this? guys, am here in the philippines, i got my open line blackberry from my mom who bought it in states, we did not know that MEDIA features will not work without a data plan, am seeking ur help, i was able to install the mobipocket reader already but i dunno how to upload an ebook???? i just want some mp3 for my BB i have micro SD card too but its empty coz i can't seems to put anything to my BB.. please help

krawls80 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Hmm...

Hello skylane2k2
    I am a newbie as well and this process worked great for me. Im not sure, but u probably don't have the simulator connected. U shouldn't have the simulator and your real blackberry connected at the same time. After you perform a selective backup saving only content store on your real BB, u should disconnect the real blackberry and run the MDS and your BB simulator. U should then simulate a USB connection on the simulator by clicking on SIMULATE and clicking on SIMULATE A USB CONNECTION and follow the rest of the instructions. Hope this helps!