Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been trying to figure it out but still no luck. I've turned off Active ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

Blackberry079 no está en línea Stack level 3

Ringtone problems

Advertisement

I've been trying to figure it out but still no luck. I've turned off Active Profiles with the exceptions and still the presigned ringtones doesn't ring at all. It's like another ringtone that I haven't assigned to the profile. I know this is weird and whatever, but I do speak the truth. Also it viberates be4 the ringtone even starts but the setting isn't set for viberation or anything.. Please anybody I need help to figure this out!??!!?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Ringtone problems

okay well one chck your profile settings and make sure to see how many times it's set to vibrate if any. second make sue you've delted all the exceptions that you don't want.

so let me make suyre i've got this. when you set up one ringtone another one plays?
    well i've had that happen once to a customer of mine and we did everythi we could and we had to do a backup and then a wipe/restore of their software. get back to me and let me know whats happening

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

When in profile, did you scroll down to "advanced"? And make the changes their and "save"?

The vibration can also be changed from 3 2 1 or can comepletly be takend out.

Let me know if this helps

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am not sure if I follow what your saying but lemme try to. So what I should do is erase the profiles in the advanced options. But I'm not sure if I do follow, but i'll give it a try right now.

*update* I've erased all the all the exceptions but another weird thing just happened. I've erased all the ringtones I've made and started from scratch. Now when this particular person calls the BB plays the ring tone that has been deleted!?!?! Also how to do I take out the vibration anyways?? It's sorta of annoying at the moment since it won't play the song..

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

When people call to set that ringtone you would do so in their name in your contact list. You dont have to do anything special with profiles or exceptions, which are only used for sms, and emails for contacts.

Ahhh Nevermind I found it out now, this is my 1st time using a BBpearl but since it is my girlfriends celly. It will only help me iron out the kinks when I get the Curve for T-Mobile! Thanks Guys you've was some sure need help

PIN/ID
    3056468b

tabasco1tx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

gotta quick question. when i go to mobile 41 and try to play one of the wav files it says file file not supported/x-wav. according to blackberry my phone should play them. and when i try to get the adp files it downloads but then shows a page that looks like html code.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it does play wav files but only with a specific coding. Don't know which coding, but I am sure someone here does.

by going into Advanced Profiles and changing the settings in them. Also another thing is if i don't check use active profiles except so and so. It will play the T-Jingle in the Advanced Loud Profile in the phone instead of the ring tone i've assigned for the profiles. This has became a myriad of problems after another...

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok called T-Mobile and they aren't sure what the problem is with the adp files. And all RIM said is that adp and wav files should be supported with my phone. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Honestly, after figuring it out sorta of. I went into Profiles>Advance>Loud Profiles and from there i pressed "edit". Then I went to the phone in loud settings. But what is out of holster>none, tone, vibrate, Vibrate + tone and in Holster(same applies for this one too). Honestly I don't know what to put because i want the profiles to use their ring tone and not the one in Loud settings which is Fabulous Feat. T-Pain - Baby Don't Go. Also what does no Exceptions mean anyways. Imma do an example and see if the super stackers can figure it out for me and these will be made up names too.

Use Active Profiles Except For:
    Mike Blanco
    Calls from Mike Blanco, Tuan, alpha omega
    Calls From home, Catia, Jennie
    Calls From, Home or Mike Curtis

Honestly I am lost for words that I can't even get my active profile for the people i've made specific ringtones for and it rings the Baby don't go song. I hope i am just a litte more thorough in my problem than I was be4 when i was trying to explain it. I am such a n00b and i am sorry for the so many questions i've asked you guys .

PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah RIM finally got me to someone who knew the answer.so what about the adp files showing up as code instead of playing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast