Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 141516171819

Originally Posted by autoquick Took me a bit to get my head around how to ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

panther no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by autoquick
    Took me a bit to get my head around how to do this. BUT IT WORKS!!!! I'm using a 7100t without any data plan. The BlackBerry_JDE_4.1.0.exe has a tool called MDS. This allows the simulators from BlackBerry_Simulators_4.1.0.316.exe to go out you PC's internet connection. Your then exchanging backup and restore files from the simulator to your Blackberry.
    Hi, I am new to these forums and appreciate all the advice. I have had my BB 7100t for awhile and do not have a data plan. I only use a prepaid service for now and may upgrade in the future so I can get internet access on my phone however I was excited about downloading some ringtones without realizing that I for sure needed to have internet connection to download my ringtones. Unfortunately I went ahead and have already paid for some but cannot use them now and can't get my money back. Does this trick for downloading these programs and setting up as listed allow me to get a hold of these??? Where I dl the tunes they have already sent me text messages with the site and codes in which they tell me I need to get from my bb browser.

Just to get it straight I have Desktop Software 4.1.1 and have already used it and it seems to work. Can you tell me which versions I should use for the JDE and the simulators???

So then I would download The JDE plus the Blackberry Simulator plus the BB Email MDS Simulator Package then go through with the steps off installing on my own computer and using the simulators browser to use the code to find the ringtones then save the ringtones and take that data and put on on my real BB is that right???

Thanks for your help. Just trying to save a little time and make sure I do it right the first time!!!

nebcat no está en línea Stack level 1

Question: in the latest simulator 4.2, how do you you test a different model? It keeps using the 88XX series. HELP! (lol, I love it when people end there tags with the call for help, don't you? )

bashygirl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4017f431

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!! I DONT UNDERSTAND THE STEPS LISTED:
    Not my own planning but something off bbforums incase anyone needs it

0) Connect BB to computer
    1) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from your real Blackberry, then disconnect
    2) Download/Install the Blackberry JDE
    3) Start the MDS Simulator
    4) Start the BB Simulator (probably best to choose your specific model)
    5) Simulate a USB connection
    6) Restore the back up from 1) to the simulated BB
    7) Surf to the web site that has your ringtone in the BB Browser on the simulation then save it
    8) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from the simulated BB
    9) Disconnect/Close the simulated BB
    10) Connect your real BB
    11) Use Desktop Manager to perform a selected restore of the saved Content Space from 8)
    12) Go to Profiles>Show Tone and find your new content!

Also works for pictures

CAN ANYONE HELPME STEP BY STEP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

newmember no está en línea Stack level 1

how do u start the MDS and BB simulator i alraedy downloaded the BB JDE

does it work on 7290's?

nvm i got that, but the simulator only has the 8800 and i have a 7290 how do i change it? do i need to change it?

also what is the BB browser?

nguyenthang2614 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello all,
    I am new BB's user with 7290 models. I was interested in this thread to add new ringtones into my BB but follow the guide of Huwsy, I only can surf internet with 8100 (eg.) but can't do with 7290 simulator. I also realize that OS of 7290 simulator is 4.0. So if I would like to get new ringtones with Huwsy's guide above, what should I do? Could anyones had the same trouble help me pls? Thanks very much.

krawls80 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello every1
    I have used this process and it works great, but a lot of the tones dat are free aren't dat great. So i went to Bplay.com and purchased a ringtone. Well, when i went to save it, it saved it automatically and so there wasn't an option to save in the drop down menu. So when i did a selective backup on the simulator and a selective restore to my real BB, the ringtone wasn't there, but i can access it on the simulator. Can anyone tell me how i can get that ringtone on my real BB?
    Thanks, any help will b appreciated!

shomemo no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok. im trying to follow these directions but I'm getting hung up. this webiste requires registration? also i dont see ver 4.1.0 for jde or 4.1.0.316 for simulator. shall i choose the one on top. i think its the newest version. will the instrucions be the same? im scared to do anything wrong because ive already crashed my blackberry once when i downloaded the wrong family guy theme. i got it back running and have since installed themes (boondocks, mickey, hammy, etc.) i just need "instructions for dummies" if that is possible. i dont have a data plan and dont plan on getting one. its way overpriced in my opinion. thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Thafranchise no está en línea Stack level 1

does anyone know how to update the device OS software?

everytime i try, it NEVER works.! uhg im so frustrated
    Last edited by Thafranchise; 10-25-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged.

abanick09 no está en línea Stack level 1

i just got my first blackberry
    what is this program you are talking about Blackberry JDE?
    how do i get it?

big-griff no está en línea Stack level 1

What the heck am I doing wrong. I have the desktop manager 4.3 loaded. The 7100i says connected. I uploaded several ringers and pictures using device manager. But their are not folder that says blckberry, so how do I get the files on the BB?

Wisu no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hallo, can you help me?
    I have BB 7100v, and I'm trying to upload some pictures, ringtones to my phone, but I've got a problem.
    When I restore a backup to simulator there is an error 104 on LCD:

Browser doesn't work. Why?
    I can't download anything in simulator
    Last edited by Wisu; 06-19-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 141516171819