Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast

Ok...so I've been using this method while running 4.1. Yesterday I upgraded to 4.2OS and ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

amanda0769 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan

Advertisement

Ok...so I've been using this method while running 4.1. Yesterday I upgraded to 4.2OS and now it wont let me download ringers. I dont have a data plan so the Web icon isnt on my phone so when I do a content restore it isnt on the screen of the simulator therefore I cannot get on the web! I tried not doing content restore and somehow got ringers on the phone but they didnt work and I ended up having to delete them. Anyone know of a way to help me? Thanks!

PIN/ID
    Ask

This wouldnt be a problem if I could figure out how to get the web icon back on the home screen on 4.2 OS any help guys/gals?

PIN/ID
    Ask

OK guys & gals I was doing the simulator/USB thing to get ringers & wallpapers and now it just got 100 times easier! I downloaded OS 4.2 & the 4.2 desktop manager and the new media feature on it makes it soooo easy! I highly suggest downloading those if you want ringers & pics. If you have the ringers on your computer its so super easy. I use free software called Ring Factory (easy to use software) then just take my MP3s and cut them to the part I want to use as a ringer and save it to desktop then just transfer that quickly to my phone via the new media feature...super simple! Good Luck!

gonehaywire no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't seem to get JDE to d/l. When I click the link it wants a password and email. Am I missin' somethin'? I haven't installed anything yet. Wanted to read all through the post first. I am a research nut. Anyway, I seem to be lost before I even get started. lubbock@comcast.net with some ideas...
    Thanks in advance

Okay, feel so silly now. I got all the toys downloaded, but when I run the BB Sim it will only save to the SD card. Herein lies my problem...I don't have one...I can't seem to change the folder option to the device memory. Any suggestions?

Amanda, how does a noobie like me go about doin' this OS upgrade?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

gone haywire, welcome.
    hate to tell you this but with the pearl, all you need is the desktop manager
    no simulator or such.
    here is the link to desktop manager with roxio for easier loading of ringtones
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...3423F083A41390
    hope this helps
    also if you have any other questions just ask
    the pearl already runs OS 4.2
    Last edited by kayos72; 06-15-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

pj_05_99 no está en línea Stack level 1

my phone is 7290..

where can i download the BlackBerry_JDE_4.1.0.exe?...

please help me.

ssm02dc5 no está en línea Stack level 1

sdfs

roodog43 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by kline1
    dood u have to download the simulator for ur specific model.......not the 1 that came w/ the jde folder......go to the download section again and click on the simulators and den it will give u the next page were you choose the simulator for ur specific model just make sure u read well and u will see the model numbers listed ...pick urs and download it,.....good luk..........i finally got it ....but using a different method.......
    I've read this thread for the last hour and have concluded that most people giving advice have a data plan. Therefore I am confused. I only have voice - no data. My goal is to get ringtones and photos on to my 7100i.
    1. When I went to the simulator download it did not give me the opportunity to select my 7100i.
    2. Also on the 1st page of this thread someone gave a 8 step process how to do this with the simulator. But you must have a browser and internet connection on the simulated BB to sucessfully complete the 8 steps.

I'd really appreciate any/all clarifications.

tbowie21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Does this cost you in anyway like make your phone bill go up?

nebcat no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan

Cool! I have an old laptop that I hardly use until now. After some dusting and a fresh install of XP, I use it as a hotsync station for just devices (BB/PALM/ZUNE/IPOD.)

nebcat no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tbowie21
    Does this cost you in anyway like make your phone bill go up?
    No. No, it will not make your bill go up. It may raise an eyebrow or two from the guys sitting in that white van across the street from where you live though.

Assassin no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok i've done all the steps and uploaded the ringtone i want to the site provided in the very first post. But when i try to retrive it using the 'get link' feature thru the device simulator it always says 'Http error 406: Not acceptable. The page you are trying to load is not supported by the browser. please try a different page"

Is there any way to solve that?

hotmbalmer no está en línea Stack level 1

Tried it tonight in total nub fashion and it was spot on for my 8700. Thanks