Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan

maybe read the earlier posts and check it out

nerf_69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan

Software Needed

Blackberry Desktop Software
    Blackberry Simulator V4.1 (7100 -8700)
    Blackberry Email and MDS Services Simulator
    (sorry can't post url - just type Blackberry JDE in MSN search or google)

Install these software and run them
    1. Start Blackberry Email and MDS Services Simulator (MS prompt window - leave it in background)
    2. Start Blackberry Simulator V4.1 (7100 -8700) - choose your model number
    3. Start Blackberry Desktop Software

4. Well first connect your own Blackberry to your PC and connect to the Desktop Manager. I would backup your Blackberry by clicking in the Backup & Retore icon. A window should pop up and click on the Backup icon and save to some directory on your PC. (a precaution so you don't lose your contact list)

5. Now click on Advanced icon and a new window should pop up. Scroll on the right side till you see Content Store, highlight it and click on the Left arrow icon. Content Store should now be on the left Window box. Click File at the top and select Save and save onto your directory (remember this file).

6. Disconnect your Blackberry but don't close Desktop Manager and start up the Simulator for your model. Select Simulate at the top and select USB Cable Connected. On Desktop Manager the simulated Blackberry should connect, click on the Backup & Restore and click Restore and select the backup file that contains Content Store. A new window pops up with Content Store available, higlight and click OK.

7. Now on the simulated Blackberry go to the sites (example: mobile41.com) that you can download the MP3s, wallpapers, themes and so forth. Once you selected an MP3, the 8700 should open its media player, click on the ALT button on the Blackberry and click the Scroll Wheel. A side bar should pop up, and select Save and click Save again. Now a message should appear saying that the file is saved to Tunes. Repeat with wallpapers, pictures and themes. Once you are satisfied with all your download repeat steps 5 & 6 but reverse the simulated Blackberry into step #5 and your Blackberry with step #6.

5. Now enjoy the files you've downloaded.

Also instead of downloading some MP3s from these sites (tuesusin.com or mobile41.com). Use/create a gmail account (gmail.com) and send an email to yourself attaching pictures or MP3s. (note that the MP3 song has to be smaller than 350Kb). I've experience errors when the files are too large. I will try to add pictures to this step by step instruction. PM if you have quetions.

amanda0769 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Nerf you are so awesome if it wasnt for you I would still be ticked off because I couldnt figure this out! But I FINALLY got it to work and downloaded some mp3 ringers & wallpaper....themes & much more I will do tomorrow! Thanks again Nerf!

Joewee no está en línea Stack level 1

I am able to download the themes and games fine along with midi ringtones but am unable to download mp3 rintones and adp, I keep getting the same browser errors everyone else is. I just got my blackberry yesterday but in researching this problem I believe it is that my blackberry 7290 isn't compatible with mp3's and adp's, so in using my 7290 emulator it won't open any music files other than the midi ones. Am I accurate in this assessment? Other people with problems may want to check their blackberry model and see if it is compatible with mp3's etc... I suppose one could force an mp3 onto their phone by using a different emulator that will support mp3's.

jgolemon86 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4012BF40

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~GUYS using the simulator process CANNOT put JAD. Files on your bb which is games and programs. You must have a data plan on your blackberry in order to download games and programs. It works well for tunes and pic, and whoever brought the tips on using the simulator just wanted to say thanks, I have data plan now but when I didn't that was a big help so thanks. Here's poly tone and wav ringtone site: polyphonicringtonez.com or .wap
    Mobiles24.com is a great site
    Mobile41 is a super friendly site wav'theme'wallpapers

http://www.mobile41.com/71xx_mac_ota.htm

That's a link to over the air downloads for themes

Hope you guys enjoy

threekey no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I've got a problem with choosing my device in Blackberry Simulator, because when I open it there is default device BB 7290. How should I choose my Bb 7100V. Is there any list in that app or in JDE? When I'm trying to make a "BUILD" project in JDE I see error :

"I/O Error: CreateProcess: javac -source 1.3 -target 1.1 -deprecation -g -O -d C:\DOCUME~1\Ar3i\USTAWI~1\Temp\rapc_03462773.dir -bootclasspath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar -classpath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\activeuifield s\ActiveUiFieldsSample.java" "C:\Documents and Settings\Ar3i\Ustawienia lokalne\Temp\rapc_rc_13666.dir\.staging\com\rim\sa mples\device\resource\ActiveUiFieldsResource.java" error=2
    Error while building project" Please help me because I cannot make point 2 in nerf_69 installation instruction. Thanks

P.S Oh and where can I find command line to write commands for BB Simulator for example "/clear-flash". I know it's the way to set my device in Blackberry Simulator.
    Last edited by threekey; 03-24-2007 at 08:17 AM.

tennispro no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203c3725

can somebody sent me ringtones for my BB 7290 handheld phone at tennispro@telbonet.an I'm a new user of BB phones
    Last edited by tennispro; 03-25-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: spell error

Traeheleven no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan

Now if they could just develop the JDE software for a Mac I would be all set. ::sigh::

peek34 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan

This works fine but instead of using the bb simulator you can also connect directly your Blackberry. Now you will also be able to your browser and download ringtones wallpapers games themes directly to your blackberry

Not my own planning but something off bbforums incase anyone needs it
    0) Connect BB to computer
    1) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from your real Blackberry, then disconnect
    2) Download/Install the Blackberry JDE
    3) Start the MDS Simulator
    4) Start the BB Simulator (probably best to choose your specific model)
    5) Simulate a USB connection
    6) Restore the back up from 1) to the simulated BB
    7) Surf to the web site that has your ringtone in the BB Browser on the simulation then save it
    8) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from the simulated BB
    9) Disconnect/Close the simulated BB
    10) Connect your real BB
    11) Use Desktop Manager to perform a selected restore of the saved Content Space from 8)
    12) Go to Profiles>Show Tone and find your new content!

Also works for pictures

Anyone looking to upload any tones Iv made somewhere where they can be uploaded and downloaded from directly to blackberry under Bb browser. Without it moaning about an invalid file type.

PIN/ID
    4012BF40

tennis pro i would i have hundreds but i dunno how

PIN/ID
    4012BF40

ok i have question and i hope you can help. what i'm trying to do is transfer an ota theme on my blackberry that has a data plan to my other blackberry that doesn't. Now if i download the ota gator theme to my blackberry with the data plan, and do a content store save, and the restore that content store save to my blackberry with out a data plan, will it work like that? because it works for pix and tones. i have two 7100i's please help if possible email me back at stevens7386@nextel.blackberry.net

PIN/ID
    4012BF40

i hope th8at wasn't confusing because i just confused myself a lil bit. But i really need that help.
    my gator's won two nation championships and now i would like their themes on both of my bb

bconway no está en línea Stack level 1

So I got all the way through the instructions to mobile41.com and was able to click on ringtones and have them download to the simulator BUT when I clicked on the ALT button and then clicked on the Scroll Wheel, I did not get the side bar pop up asking me if I wanted to save the ringtone. Help! I'm so close!

Cheers,

Brian