Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

all you can do is follow the steps from the 1st posting, on the 1st ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan

Advertisement

all you can do is follow the steps from the 1st posting, on the 1st page of this thread..

people have had success with it, but i can't get the browser to work on the simulated device..

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by shelley28
    i have a signal i could send message and receive and make calls, but my desktop media manager is not working (but application loader works), what can i do? i was able to transfer mobipocket reader to my pearl but i can't seem to send ebooks, so it's useless! am a treo use for almost 2 years now so, am truly clueless with blackberry, please help me guys. thanks!
    What do you mean that Desktop Manager doesn't work but Applications Loader does. I don't know how mobipocket works, so really can't help with that. Is it that you can't transfer the ebooks using Media Manager? I'm not sure that is how it is supposed to work. Maybe someone else can help.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

shelley28 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    What do you mean that Desktop Manager doesn't work but Applications Loader does. I don't know how mobipocket works, so really can't help with that. Is it that you can't transfer the ebooks using Media Manager? I'm not sure that is how it is supposed to work. Maybe someone else can help.

Rcbjr.
    on my BB desktop manager there's application loader, email settings, media manger, swith device wizard, synchronize.. the appliction loader works but the media manger doesn't ,it prompts "media manger is only supported using usb cable" but my usb works, i was able to send theme and some apllication via d application loader, i wonder why the media manger doesn't work or can't be detected...

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Do you have a MicroSD Media Card? Do you have the Options/Advanced Options/Media Card, Media Card Support set to ON? I'm not sure about this problem. You might want to try a Clean Uninstall and reinstall the desktop manager.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

dylandutcher no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay well I know how to do everything. But everything I get on the website on the simulator, and I go on the ringtone website, it says website not allowed on the current browser or something like that..

is it because it's an mp3 website? or what?

please help i've been at this for like 4 days

mikemcelroy no está en línea Stack level 1

ok, I just got my pearl this week and I'm trying to get my media started with the steps you're tellin me but its getting really confusing.

First

mikemcelroy no está en línea Stack level 1

i have been trying to do this for 2 1/2 hours and when i went to download jde they wanted me to download something called JDK 5.0 and then another program and then another program and it is getting so confusing that i forgot what i was actually downloading. Is there any other easier way like just recording on your phone and making them ringtones?

jgolemon86 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4012BF40

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Guys (doubledizzle) whenever you run jde always make sure u ALSO run MDS. If ur using the simulator for the browser, then u must run both. Also make sure your simulator device is the same as your phone. Goto blackberry.com that's alway useful to me. If you need a new (model) for your simulator search for it on the blackberry site you should find everything you need there. Hope that was helpful
    Much luv happy valietines' day
    Jacob

PIN/ID
    4012BF40

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    DYLAN I have the same problem sometimes it is because of the mp3 files and other times there's flash or java that the browser can't open. I have a 7100i and I just updated my operating system on nextel solutions site so now I can play wav. Files but not mp3. But there's two poly ringtone sites that are totally free and I use them often . This one has poly and Mp3. Mobiles24.com. This one is only poly. Polyphonicringtonez.com. Just follow the directions after selecting a ringtone its simple
    Hope that's usefull
    Much luv 2day feb14
    Jacob

cmyden no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello all, first time poster. Whoever thought of this idea (ringtones without a data plan) is a genius.

I figured it all out, downloaded the JDK, the correct JDE, and the correct simulator for my 7100g.

I can connect to websites just fine through the simulator, and everything SEEMS to be fine, until I try to grab an ADP file.

No matter what site I try, trying to grab an ADP file gives me the "Error 406: Content not supported by device" .

I'm aware that a website needs to have the proper MIME settings for this to work, that's why I've verified this on multiple sites that are known to have the proper MIME settings. Huenik dot com slash blackberry for example. (I can't post URLs as I'm not a Level 2)

I've tried everything I can think of, changing the browser to WAP, etc.

Anyone have any ideas? I can grab MIDI files just fine.

PIN/ID
    4012BF40

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)what type of bb do you have?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

cmyden, Welcome to PinStack.

Your BB may not be able to use ADP tones. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Thanks for the replies. My BlackBerry is a 7100g. I was under the impression that the 7100g could use ADP ringtones?

Hi guys, I've figured out the problem regarding my 7100g and the dreaded 406 error. This error was occuring even when attempting to grab .ADP files from sites that were known to have the correct MIME settings.

Ok, so the problem is that the either the latest MDS simulator OR the latest Device simulator package from BlackBerry does NOT work with .ADP files.

I am not sure which one was the culprit, as I decided to go back and download previous versions of both.

Here is the combination that worked for me, with my 7100g.

- Go to the BlackBerry Developer Download page
    - Click on BlackBerry Simulators (bottom left)
    - Click on 'Download a Device Simulator'
    - Select 'BlackBerry Handheld Simulators v4.0.2' (right above the Chinese v4.0.0 one)
    - Download the 'BlackBerry Handheld Simulator v4.0.2.51'

- Now, back on the BlackBerry Developer Download page
    - Click on BlackBerry Simulators again (bottom lefT)
    - Click on 'Download the BlackBerry email and MDS Services simulator package'
    - Choose the BB email and MDS Simulator Package from the dropdown
    - Select the SECOND package, the one that says 'BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simulator Package v4.1'

This combination allowed me to succesfully play ADP files on the 7100g simulator. The newer versions did not.

Also, in the browser settings on the 7100g simulator, under OPTIONS -> Browser Configuration -> I changed the content mode to HTML only, and emulation mode to Microsoft IE. Please note that I tried this (and every other possible thing I could think of) with the newer simulation versions and NOTHING worked, I always got the 406 error.

Hope this helps someone.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the information, cmyden. I'm sure it will help someone.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer