Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

hey RCBJR. i have a problem and i wanted to know if u could help. ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

jgolemon86 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4012BF40

Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan

Advertisement

hey RCBJR.
    i have a problem and i wanted to know if u could help. the problem is that, we i goto "polyphonicringtonez.com/wap" on my simulated bb 7100i and download a midi file it recently started stating "UNABLE TO OPEN AUDIO FILE." now i do have maybe 30 ringtonez on my actuall bb... and obviously i would have the same one's on my simulated bb after the restore. why is it stating that and not letting me download the midi file. I've only use this site and it ALWAYS works and has never given me a problem at all. thanks hope u can help

PIN/ID
    4012BF40

ANGELADUPAS, hey lemme know if your still here and i'll try to help. for ringtones you could open your browser and goto polyphonringtonez.com/wap and/or mobilel.blackberry.com

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sorry to ask a foolish question; but
    1. What is a BB JDE and where can I get it?
    2. What is a MDS Simulator and, again, where....
    You can download both of this apps from the Blackberry Developers Website

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jgolemon86, I have never used the simulator to access the Net so really don't know why you are getting this error.

Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

mormat no está en línea Stack level 2

not trying to hijack this, but I still can not get the simulator for my 7100g to connect to the net via my pc, when I open Blackberry email and MDS simulator 4.1.2, I click on the MDS tab and a black screen pops up and goes away right away, I have managed to open and read what it say inside the black box after numerous tries and what I read is this " The system does not recognize specifed device" I have been messing with the program for 3 or 4 days and still no luck, do I have the wrong mds simulator for the 7100g? I can go Blackberry Device simulators 4.1.0 and select the 7100g and it comes up but I can not get it to connect, I have backedup the data with DM and I do click on the "simulate usb connection" and still nothing, if I had any hair left on my head LOL I would have already pulled it out LOL

any help WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

MM

mikejp no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi all. I am having a little bit of trouble. I have a 7105t and no data plan. Everything I read in this thread makes some sense to me but I really am getting lost. I downloaded JDE Version 4.2 (the latest version) and the BlackBerry Email and MDS Services Simulator Package from RIM. I installed them both and tried what was stated in the first post. There is no "MDS Simulator" listed in my program files, only Simulator or MDS. And once I start the simulator it starts as an 8100 and I can't see where to pick my specific model. Now am I using the wrong version of JDE, did I miss something here? I really just want some ringtones and new wallpapers for my 7105t. When I click the MDS in the program files it opens a Dos box and that is it, is it supposed to do something else? Help.
    Thanks.
    Mike.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mikejp, Welcome to PinStack.

Did you download the 7105 Simulator Also? That is necessary as it is not included in the JDE. Hope this helps.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

mikejp no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    mikejp, Welcome to PinStack.

Did you download the 7105 Simulator Also? That is necessary as it is not included in the JDE. Hope this helps.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    Duh. How did I miss that step. Downloaded the JDE the MDS and the 7105t simulator and it worked like a charm. THANK YOU so much Rcbjr. Now when somebody phones I get Sir Mix Alot and the kids laugh. See you all in the stack.
    Mike.

PIN/ID
    4012BF40

Thanks RcBjr
    i just wished i knew someone that was having this same error " Unable to open audio file." It also happend a few times when i had a data plan on my bb. but it stopped and i dunno y... but now it's happing on my simulated one preventing me from downloading any more ringtones.

dylandutcher no está en línea Stack level 1

Can anyone show me a Tutorial for the JDE application because I don't know how to run the MDS and BB Simulator with USB connections and all of that stuff.. =/

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

i am 99% sure that i'm beyond help with this one, but is there any way to get the ring tones / pictures from my mac to the blackberry, sans data plan?! or am i out of luck entirely?!

i even tried running virtual PC, but windows xp won't recognize the blackberry in the USB drive for whatever reason, so i can't even run the desktop manager from there..

grrrr..

shelley28 no está en línea Stack level 2

guys, i have a very stupid question to ask, based on what i read on some of the thread, i will just have to make do with my pearl as it is coz i don't have a plan or something, my mum bought it in the states from my cousin. it was used to be under t-mobile, but since am here in manila (philippines) i can't seem to make it work, well.. i have a signal i could send message and receive and make calls, but my desktop media manager is not working (but application loader works), what can i do? i was able to transfer mobipocket reader to my pearl but i can't seem to send ebooks, so it's useless! am a treo use for almost 2 years now so, am truly clueless with blackberry, please help me guys. thanks!

grrr.. i downloaded the JDE 4.2 application, and after i installed it and ran it, the only devices it said it supported were the 8100's..

alright, i found an 8700 device simulator, but i can't get a 'mobile data service' to work, even though i've ran the MDS simulator..

i wonder if it's being blocked by my firewall at work.. ?!?!

packerboy82 no está en línea Stack level 1

I cannot install any media files on my 7100i...I do not have access to the browser, because I dont have a data plan....is there any way I can download the items to my pc, and just transfer them to my device...
    I have version 4.1 on my phone....