Hi Everyone, I have been a lurker here for a couple weeks and now have ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

bankrate no está en línea Stack level 1

Recorded TV on PC to MP4 or 3GP?

Advertisement

Hi Everyone, I have been a lurker here for a couple weeks and now have a question? I have used the search function and have not found what I am looking for.

I have recorded a TV Program (PGA TOUR GOLF) on my computer using Windows Media Center, however I have not found a video converter that will recognize the file so that I can convert it to a MP4 or 3GP. Does anyone know if this is possible?

To recap I want to be able to record a TV show then convert it to a 3GP or MP4 so I can view it on my Pearl. I have Ulta Mobile Video Converter V3.9 & Blackberry Video Converter. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Kory

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Recorded TV on PC to MP4 or 3GP?

kory, what format does windows media player save the tv show in?
    that's the first question...

Striker911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180F95E

Ultra mobile 3gp video convert will do it... search it on google i think there is a trail then buy it works great for my movies

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    kory, what format does windows media player save the tv show in?
    that's the first question...
    When I use Roxio and drag and drop without conversion it says AVI in the desk top manager. I think Media Cener has some type of encription on it because I can not e-mail the files or anything. In propertes it says "Microsoft Recorded TV Show" for file type.

Thanks,

Kory

Quote Originally Posted by Striker911 View Post
    Ultra mobile 3gp video convert will do it... search it on google i think there is a trail then buy it works great for my movies
    Yeah it works for me for other moveis, but Ultra will not recognize this file. Thanks Kory

Thumbs up Re: Recorded TV on PC to MP4 or 3GP?

Quote Originally Posted by bankrate View Post
    Hi Everyone, I have been a lurker here for a couple weeks and now have a question? I have used the search function and have not found what I am looking for.

I have recorded a TV Program (PGA TOUR GOLF) on my computer using Windows Media Center, however I have not found a video converter that will recognize the file so that I can convert it to a MP4 or 3GP. Does anyone know if this is possible?

To recap I want to be able to record a TV show then convert it to a 3GP or MP4 so I can view it on my Pearl. I have Ulta Mobile Video Converter V3.9 & Blackberry Video Converter. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Kory
    I am going to post the "resolution" in case some one does a search for this in the future the answer will be here.
    If you are recording live TV using Windows Media Center (and possibly other applications) the File format is DVR-MS. This is the link to convert it to MPEG Files ://babgvant.com/files/folders/dvrmstoolbox/entry7194.aspx From there I convert it to a 3GP because I can not get Media Manager to convert it (although I think it should) using Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter. Seems to work great so far, I have some DVR'd shows I record them to my computer then put the on my BB. I did not find the program it was Sith from another forum.

PS: The reason there are no links is you must be Stack Level 2 before you can post a link, Nice Feature.