Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok, this doesnt seem as simple as I firdt thought, does anyone have a clue ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

putting dvds on my sd card

Advertisement

ok, this doesnt seem as simple as I firdt thought, does anyone have a clue how to do this or at least start me in the right direction. I just bought a 8 gb card for this reason. ( its so hard to type on the pc anymore,)

thecircuitbox no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think its:
    Size - 320×240 or 240×260 (Pearl)
    Audio - AAC or mp3
    Video - mp4
    Container - 3GP

These might help.

http://videos4blackberry.info/wp/

http://www.berryreview.com/2007/12/1...erry-for-free/
    Last edited by thecircuitbox; 02-18-2009 at 09:55 PM.

pml264 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used this method and it worked great! I actually just put a few movies on my Storm tonight. They looked and played awesome.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...-storm-100364/

Just follow the instructions from the link. Once the movie is converted and saved in a folder, you will transfer it to your blackberry. Just connect your BB, and put the movie file in the video folder of your sd card.

Good luck!

PS: This worked on my Storm, im sure it will work on your bold

caldw3l no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABAE06
    I download the movies as normal, then sync my SD and drag the 700mb or so file to the video folder. Works perfectly. Files are .AVI - 8900 - No resizing.

thecircuitbox no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thats because the 8900 can do divx and xvid and of course mp3 audio. Also the Bold somewhat support those not quite as good as the 8900.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Thanks for the replies, I haven't had time to try it out yet so keep the suggestions coming if you have them
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Ok, so I tried the handbrake method, it worked and it didn't. It saved to my sd but when I play it the video is choppy, there are some clear picture squares and there are some that are fuzzy/snow squares. I don't know a whole lot about this as far as bitrate and framerate and how they affect the picture. Any suggestions about what is going on?

I followed the instructions exactly how they were written....and it worked on mine. Wide screen movie settings may need to be tweaked a bit to use a little more screen, full screen movies look great! Maybe you missed a step, read the steps carefully (there are a bunch of settings and each is important!)

I wish I could be of more help

Good luck!

hoggie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use winavi converters for mpg4 3gp so easy to use can be found free to if look an all I do is set file type I.e avi 2 mpg4 set screen res an away I go

Last edited by hoggie; 02-22-2009 at 04:51 AM.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I use the blackberry video converter. Seems to work good for me!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...-storm-100364/

This is the link I used, I followed it. My version of handbrake doesn't have some of the option that it says. Like the crop, I don't have a "no crop" option. Dang, just thought of something, to all who have gotten to work what are you using as you format ,ie: psp, normal, xbox, tv.... I think this may be where my problem lies. Will check it out today.

Do not use the presets in handbrake ie. xbox, psp etc! However, you can make a custom setting for blackberry, or you can manually enter the settings each time. I could not find the no crop setting my self, but there are crop settings. Set all of the crop boxes to "0".

Hope this helps

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Blackberry video converter works perfect. Also imtoo video converter is a good one. They're both pretty straight forward, so really there's no need for instructions.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by pml264 View Post
    Do not use the presets in handbrake ie. xbox, psp etc! However, you can make a custom setting for blackberry, or you can manually enter the settings each time. I could not find the no crop setting my self, but there are crop settings. Set all of the crop boxes to "0".

Hope this helps
    I've been using the one that says "classic" it gives me the option to change the width/height. My settings are as follows: w/h-480x320, format-mp4 file,crop-auto: all boxes set to 0, I don't know what anamorphic means so I leave it alone at "none" I don't mess with the filters as I don't know anything about that either. On the "video" tab I have all the settings as it says in the link. Everything else is the same and it comes out choppy. Its almost like the framerate or something is not right.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    Blackberry video converter works perfect. Also imtoo video converter is a good one. They're both pretty straight forward, so really there's no need for instructions.
    I'm going to google search this also to find the link to download. This is becoming frustrating, but will be worth it in the end as I will have movies and learned something along the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast