I have a video made with an older Canon digital camera (Powershot A60) I believe ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3

problems converting video from Canon Camera

Advertisement

I have a video made with an older Canon digital camera (Powershot A60) I believe that I have attempted to convert using "Blackberry Video Creator" to work on my 8130 but haven't had any luck.
    I see under the "advanced" tab in Blackberry Video Creator there's an option to select "videos from Canon Powershot Cameras" that I selected, but I still cannot get a video to work properly.
    I'm saving directly to the Micro SD Card in an adapter in a card reader hooked up to my computer, then inserting the micro sd card into my Pearl.

Any ideas?
    My thought is the source video has too low a frame rate?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: problems converting video from Canon Camera

frame rate usually isn't the problem when it comes to re encoding vids, but the program itself and how it corresponds with the codecs on your computer can be.

my suggestion, download Media Manager 9 that comes with the Blackberry desktop package. It has a drag n' drop option that optimizes videos put onto the blackberry and tends to do an excellent job formatting it to run.

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: problems converting video from Canon Camera

I was hoping to avoid using the Roxio program with Blackberry Desktop. It didn't play nice on my system, so I downgraded to a version of BB desktop that doesn't include it.