Been struggling off and on for months to make Audible work on my Pearl. I ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

K. Bosso no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl 8100 - Can't get Audible app. or content

Advertisement

Been struggling off and on for months to make Audible work on my Pearl.

I have Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.5 loaded--shows I'm connected.
    I have Audible Manager Installed
    Machine is running Vista
    Pearl 8100 is NOT equipped with internet.........if I'd known the phone would be practically useless w/o internet, I'd never have bought it.

I cannot get the audible player software onto the phone. I go through the process of "add new device", choose Pearl, etc. which takes me to the AudibleAir Install Wizard. I select Mass Storage mode, click Next and at this point, it all decides not to recognize my phone. Says I'm not connected, yet I can see the Desktop Mgr. icon on the taskbar which says "Connected."

I read the thread about the user with the 8300 having the same troubles last August. Only now, the resource article he/she referenced is no longer on the Audible site----the one which would guide me through manually installing the Player software through Desktop Mgr.

Anyone have any suggestions?

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    you should already have a media player on the phone. You should just have to copy your MP3's onto your MicroSD card and you are good to go to play all your songs.

K. Bosso no está en línea Stack level 1

Audible (*.aa) files, not music

Thank you for your response.

The problem is with the file format--it's Audible.com's proprietary format. Audible's site claims that Roxio can't read *.aa, yet I see the file in Roxio, am able to retrieve it, copy/paste it, etc... Audible Manager also recognizes the file. BUT the phone itself won't recognize the file. Only my music titles show up under "Media Card."

The other issue is that *.aa is a much smaller footprint and also breaks the book into chapters, which I don't know, but I doubt the built-in media player will do.

We're all book lovers and our household has 3 Blackberries and 3 Zunes. Wow. Hard to believe they don't want my money!