Hi all, I have a problem with my media card, everytime I install or delete ... BlackBerry Multimedia forum

carol73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215B0111

not understanding this about media card.

Advertisement

Hi all, I have a problem with my media card, everytime I install or delete an app it saids if you want to restart your phone. So I did and now I gey this message: A MEDIA CARD HAS BEEN INSERTED THAT CONTAINS ERRORS. TO CORRECT THE ERRORS PLEASE USE A DISK-CHECKING UTILITY ON A DISK. Then you have to press ok, then after that it saids MEDIA CARD INSERTED.
    Can you tell what does this mean it has delete pics that I had. But not the ones in device memory. This is the 2nd time this happened to me.
    Also, it says to format the media card but if I do it might erase things on it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you can access the card then transfer the things you have saved on it to a PC then reformat the card and put everything back.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Sounds like something might have went wrong when the card was first formatted or it's simply damaged. I would either copy my files from the media card to my PC via Media Manager in DM, or connect the device and use 'Mass Storage Mode' and do the old drag and drop. After my files were backed up, I'd go to Options > Memory and press the menu key. Scroll down to format and let it wipe the card clean. If you're still getting errors after that, it's likely a bad card. If it works fine, copy the files back onto your card.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

carol73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215B0111
    Thanks guys, sorry I answered so late. But I'm gonna try everything you's said to do and see what happens. My card came with the phone and been in it since I first power turned the phone on so I don't see how it can be damaged. But thanks a lot..
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well, it could simply just have an internal problem. Those cards are very fragile things and are prone to Murphy's Law. Let me know how it goes.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS